ad: Radclub22-1

License

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by G0DTG, Jan 28, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G0DTG

G0DTG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello. I’ve been out of the Ham scene for about 35 yrs. I was surprised to find this site and my call sign still existed. Do we still have to pay for our license? and I notice my address is well out if date. I would like to get back into this so looking for advice re above
    Thanks
    David G0DTG

2. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt that it is currently valid - you have to confirm your continued existence at least once every ten years or it lapses. The licence is free now, but you may have to pay to get it reinstated. I went through the process about ten years ago and had to provide some proof that I had passed the RAE - I could not find my certificate after all those years, but the RSGB came up with a paper that OFCOM accepted.

Martin G8FXC

K8VSY likes this.
  3. M1EMC

M1EMC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Martin it is every 5 years you need to validate your licence with Ofcom, not 10 years as you state !!
    Keith M1EMC

4. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

From the latest Ofcom spreadsheet (that I have ) G0DTG is now not a valid callsign unless David revalidates with Ofcom , as its now classed as reserved if after a two year cooling period David hasn't revalidated anyone passing their full exam would be free to chose and use that call sign through the Ofcom portal.
    . Screenshot (607).png

M1EMC likes this.
  5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

David, you need to update through OFCOM, and then ask QRZ to correct your info here.