ad: Schulman-1

K1MAN Responds

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

I just heard Rich Whiten will be co-hosting Baxter's show this week. Does anyone remember Rich? He's an SWL now.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/1999/07/28/1/?nc=1

"Whiten has run afoul of the FCC on several accounts. In late January, Hollingsworth and an FCC engineering team visited Whiten's station after what Hollingsworth called "longstanding complaints" about the operation of Whiten's station. Whiten reportedly cooperated in the station inspection. The FCC says it's received "numerous complaints" about Whiten "regarding profanity, obscenity, broadcasting extreme racial slurs, deliberate interference and failure to properly identify."

What's the old saying about "Birds of a Feather?"

73, K3VR

2. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

There can be no question that K1MAN is a total screwball; what an ego! But you gotta admit, the FCC is packed with jerks and who cares at this point?

3. M0RBD

M0RBD Ham Member QRZ Page

Your right !

Just as a metaphore.

People too often forget that Hitler gained power using democratical means, and suddenly changed the terms of the system he used to gain power, affecting millions ..

There will allways be people that will use democratical systems to try to channalize their own agendas.

// 73s de Mike LA6IMA

4. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

Here's all I can think of right now, more to follow, maybe.

"Perhaps Baxter should contact Tim Smith and ask to be interviewed on WBCQ to get K1MAN's side of the story out."

First of all Tim doesn't own nor operate WBCQ, That's Alan Weiner's position. FYI, the famous "Tron" set up the original MAN studio but shortly had a falling out and the likelihood of reconciliation is as remote as the edge of the universe after the abuse Baxter heaped on him.

"Short Wave Radio has always been the appropriate medium for Baxter's kind of broadcast."

Not likely to happen on The Planet considering it's one tight knit little family with Tron And Friends at the heart of it. There is the possibility however that like Weiner there could be a change of callsign and frequencies like I mentioned in the related thread.

"Nuke the Baxter."

5. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi again,

Sorry, just can't resist.

"Here's a clip from his website suitable for cat lovers."

I saved that picture, I have PLANS for it. (evil grin with horns [​IMG] ) Now I KNOW what you're thinking, right, it's the only he gets. [​IMG]

6. W2MC

W2MC Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL broadcasts are not sent automatically. There is a station operator present at all times. He starts the transmission manually.

Ken[/QUOTE]
    Several years ago I was up in Connecticut, visiting W1AW, when it was time to send one of the bulletins.

I don't remember who it was that was operating, but I distinctly remember him listening for a bit before he started the transmission....I mainly remember it because he commented "I dont hear anyone, Do you?" or something to that effect.

So yes, I would say they do listen to make sure there isnt a QSO ongoing before they start the bulletin.

Jon
    W2MC

(Was KC2DPV at the time.....)

7. AC7RG

AC7RG QRZ Member

Personality disorders, particularly, Narcissistic Personality Disorder is often paired with a very sad biproduct: denial.  It is incurable in extreme cases (Baxter).  I work with an individual with NPD and she manifests the very same characteristics as this individual.  They will never change and I suggest not fueling their egos with negative comments.  The disorder feeds on negative attention.  NDP is associated with a need for abusive behavior or negative attention.  [​IMG]

8. N5MDF

N5MDF Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken[/quote]
    Thanks Ken. 73

9. N4SL

N4SL Ham Member QRZ Page

The clinical term is "Reward Deficiency Syndrome".

10. N5MDF

N5MDF Ham Member QRZ Page

Then the ARRL is violating not only the gentlemen's rules of good amateur practice, they are hypocrites??

Where is the truth in all this. Sounds like some people are above the law...of course, I already knew that [without being overtly political.]

arrl control operator: "I don't hear no QSO!"
    ham: "Why not?"
    arrl control operator: "I wasn't listenin'!"  [​IMG] [Or if I was, nobody can prove I heard you]

11. K1JWM

K1JWM Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I say we give this guy two options.

#1. He payes the $21,000 and goes to jail. See's a shrink. And all the other suggestions. Or!

#2 We can send him over to the most Dangerous part of
    Afganastane. And find that Bin Laden guy. (Single Handed) If he makes it back alive. He will sign a peace of paper stating. He will never talk on a Licenced means of communication again.

But who am I. [​IMG]

Good Day
    K1JWM
    New Hampshire

12. KE0XQ

KE0XQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I also agree that K1MAN is in need of some serious help. He is a very poor example of an Amateur Radio Operator.

13. N4LI

N4LI Ham Member QRZ Page

No, sadly, that is not really how it works.

All licenses are construed as property rights by courts once the license is actually granted.  And, once that "right" attaches, the pesky 5th Amendment language, "No person shall be ... deprived of ... property, without due process of law" kicks in.  So, to take Mr. Baxter's license would require some level of Due Process.

Now, it would seem that the process may have begun.  But, this is why the Commission had flagged Mr. Baxter's license for non-routine renewal.  It is much easier, from a legal perspective, to deny renewal than to revoke the license while active.  And, Baxter's license is up in October, if memory serves.

There will be some legal machinations for a while, but this Baxter thing shall pass.  And, come on, people like this are actually amuzing, if you let them be.  They don't call them "laughing stocks" for nothing.

Oh, well.  Back to work.

Peter, N4LI

14. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Up until tonight I thought K1MAN had stopped his broadcasts. This being due to the fact that he no longer could be found on 14.275. I got out of the habit of listening to frequencies I cannot load my antenna on. But tonight found K1MAN on AM on 3.890. Oh Well. Turning the dial.

15. WA8MEA

WA8MEA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to disagree with Pete above....as well as Glen. Once you put your John Hancock (or for you YL's, Juanita Hancock....) on that license, you GIVE UP your rights under the Constitution, and you give the FCC SOLE PERMISSION to regulate your ham radio activities. You have entered into a contract with the FCC. Your Constitution flies right out the window.

Glen would have a better chance going up against the FCC if he was unlicensed. But I'm glad Riley is finally doing something about the NUMEROUS times Glen left his operations unattended, and all we heard was horrible audio, "broken record" type repeats, and splatter as wide as Lake Erie.

And you know why he had ex-WB2OTK on as his "guest host" repeatedly. That was just to try and get Riley's goat.

Let's face it Glen, you will be toast. It may take awhile for the toaster to burn you. But you will be toast.

73, Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.