ad: Radclub22-1

K1MAN Responds

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

He's flaunting his flouting of the law, I believe! LOL

2. KI4KNO

KI4KNO Ham Member QRZ Page

I can hear the FCC's radio grinders spinning-up already!

Mwah ha ha.

[​IMG]

3. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

We could shoot him....

4. KF4FHS

KF4FHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Jeff,

I was speaking of Winlink, not Echolink.

I kinda doubt that you've ever had a QSO busted by one of the Pactor robots, but when you upgrade and get HF privilages, you'll see what I'm talking about.

73, Bernie

5. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

His response was quite interesting.

Here's a clip from his website suitable for cat lovers.

Does Maine requires a license to keep such wild animals?

Here Kitty Kitty

6. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

That link doesn't work. You better correct it or Chip will get pissed. [​IMG]

7. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

The K1MAN Group?

Is that like the Blue Man Group only without ANY socially redeeming value?

Dennis [​IMG]

8. AE1X

AE1X Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL broadcasts are not sent automatically. There is a station operator present at all times. He starts the transmission manually.

Ken

9. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

I fixed it. Fred's site did something to the URL. I wouldn't want to get Chipped at.

Lee

10. W5MJL

Does that mean they will move to a different frequency if it is currently occupied, or do they wait until the frequency is in the clear before they start the broadcast?

11. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do I get the feeling this guys gonna end up on one of those VONAGE commercials??
    [​IMG]

12. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

BTW Dude, you can scratch off QRZ. They posted your ramblings. I wouldn't have.

13. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

Neither.  As a newly upgraded general back in 1992, I unknowingly was in QSO twice on the 40 meter CW frequency.  Both times W1AW fired up right on top of those QSO's.  I wrote a polite letter requesting confirmation of ARRL "ownership" of that frequency to the league ... never got a reply.  I just avoid the ARRL "owned" frequencies now ... its the path of least resistance.

14. W5MJL

Well in that case they might as well be automatic. No wonder they approve of winlink.

15. WA2RCB

WA2RCB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr Baxter, K1MAN, appears to demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of the basis, purpose and scope of the  Amateur Radio service, along with Part 97 of the FCC Regulations as it is recorded in the Code of Federal Regulations. (2004) 47CFR97-- Part 97 Amateur Radio Service.

To put it in the "short-form" version, Amateur Radio is not a Broadcast Service.

Sec. 97.113  Prohibited transmissions.

"(b) An amateur station shall not engage in any form of broadcasting, nor may an amateur station transmit one-way communications except as specifically provided in these rules; nor shall an amateur station engage in any activity related to program production or news gathering for broadcasting purposes, except that communications directly related to the immediate safety of human life or the protection of property may be provided by amateur stations to broadcasters for dissemination to the public where no other means of communication is reasonably available before or at the time of the event."

PART 97_AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE

It's just that easily understood, and has been so by USA Amateur Operators for many years.

In closing, I do hope that Mr. Baxter is not under the mistaken assumption that Mr. Thomas Mesereau will be comming to his legal defense anytime soon...  [​IMG]

George - WA2RCB
    Sr. Newsletter Editor
    The Delaware Valley Ragchew Club - N2HQX
    http://www.ragchew.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.