JT65 and JT9 are easier than ever

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7CO, Sep 3, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K7CO

K7CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a video showing how easy it is to use JT9 and JT65 with a FlexRadio. Also shown in the video is a QRZ.com feature where QSOs are autmatically uploaded to the QRZ.com logbook.

KK4JTW, KD2PTM, WJ2L and 8 others like this.
  2. K5VOU

K5VOU Ham Member QRZ Page

is there a way to speed up and slow down the video playback?

3. WU5E

WU5E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

thank for making a nice vid

Jim
    WU5E

K4TNX and WB4HFR like this.
  4. W4FBI

W4FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. Not sure I would call it "easy" though...

5. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I get CAT OK and it seems to key the 6300 every minute with no transmit or receive audio

6. KB3ZYN

KB3ZYN Ham Member QRZ Page

When playing the video, click on the little sprocket/gear icon in the footer on the right side("Settings"). There is a drop-down menu for "Speed" where you can set the multiple of 1x playback speed. You can also specify the resolution(depending on the video itself, of course).

7. K1OIK

Did not work for me, I could not get it to receive

8. KM9R

KM9R Ham Member QRZ Page

Burt ensure your computer clock is synchronized. This mode is highly time based and a station will not be able to decode received signals unless the computer being used is synced to the same time (tolerance is approx. +/- 1.5 sec). First close your wjst-x program. Click your clock icon on your desktop, select change date and settings, select internet time tab, select change settings, check the box synchronize with an internet server, select the server you want to use then select update now. Close those windows, reopen wjst-x. Select the band your rig is on from the window just beneath the "log qso" tab. For the flex 6300 select digu , select the 5k receive filter and increase the tx filter to 5k as well so you can utilize jt-9. Also you were tx mitting every minute because you had enable tx selected on wjst-x. Do not have that enabled unless you are ready to call cq or you are replying to a station that has called cq. On my flex I have the rf power slider to max and dax tx gain at max as well and vary my output power (normally 20w or less) via the power slider located on the right hand side of the wjst-x window. Hope that helps.

9. K1OIK

OK I see some stations If I click on a CQ what is next, what do I say?

10. KT6L

KT6L Ham Member QRZ Page

After 25+ years experience as a s/w developer with projects ranging from Bit-Slice to Main Frames and almost everything in between (last project was complex designs for FPGA and ASICs) I have to say this was discouraging, not easy to follow and would not call it "easy." Thanks for the presentation and the effort you put into it. I think it's important to follow the developments in technology and their applications to our hobby. You have a very impressive array of software. It's interesting that you can have your FLEX SDR emulate the Kenwood txcvr. 73