ad: QSLWorks-1

Is it possible to confirm paper QSL's in the QRZ log?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by UA4LCH, Jun 8, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. UA4LCH

UA4LCH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have several dxpeditions in my log, the cards of which are in paper form, but there are no confirmations either here or in the LOTW.
    Is it possible to confirm paper cards?

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

No. Sri.

3. UA4LCH

UA4LCH Ham Member QRZ Page

sadly.
    Tnx.

4. N6DSC

N6DSC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess this is a question I have also. Is it possible to sent QSL cards to QRZ for those contacts that only confirm thru a QSL card and do not confirm directly thru QRZ or LoTW. I am afraid the answer is NO and I do understand why it would be NO as it would be a major undertaking for the QRZ and they would have to hire staff to do the processing of the Paper QSL'S.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

QRZ Log does not get involved with paper cards - period. It's just not practical nor possible.

If you use LoTW, get them hand-checked with an ARRL card checker, get them confirmed on LoTW, then import the ADIF to QRZ Log.

But direct paper cards and QRZ are not compatible in any direction.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KP4SX

I'm not sure if that works. The Card Checker gives award Credits, not LoTW confirmations.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Well, yes correct. I just assumed that anyone using LoTW knows that. You must purchase credits to have the card added to LoTW

I just meant that ARRL is the only path to get paper cards ultimately into QRZ log

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KP4SX

Dave, I don't think you can download confirmations that were done by a physical card and card checker. Different database or something.

9. N6DSC

N6DSC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry Dave that just does not work.
    Thanks for effort
    Duane, N6DSC

10. ZB3P

ZB3P Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe would be easier to be able to confirm a QSO thru QRZ if an additional option is given to the operator. For instance, we get confirmation to our QSOs by cross referencing from other logbooks. So if an operator, say myself, recieves a QSL card, I should be able to confirm it, as "Physical". This should not need to be hard work to QRZ staff, as it would be done by the operator. If trying to use these QSOs for a competition/ Award, it would appear as "Physical", meaning that it is the operator's onus to demonstrate that these had been confirmed with a physical card instead.

This option might also be available to certain subscritption types, making it more appealing to subscribe to.

This is just a suggestion for future consideration.

11. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So, you could then 'self-confirm' all the QSOs you wanted?

12. ZB3P

ZB3P Ham Member QRZ Page

If the confirmation is identified as self-confirmed, why not? I know that some individuals might want to take advantage of this for awards and Competitions, so in this case, operators would then have to produce evidence of physical confirmation for those "self- confirmed" QSOs. This would serve as record of the number of electronically and self confirmed QSOs. To be honest, my Log is currently electronic confirmed and have now received a few QSL cards that would, for my personal use, have it checked as self-confirmed. Obviously, these would not be applicable for QRZ awards.

13. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems best to use the ARRL system for QSL card confirmations, but thank you for the suggestion and your input.

14. ZB3P

ZB3P Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, for your consideration.