ad: CQMM-1

Is it just mine, or is your CQ magazine chronically late in coming??

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KD4RDS, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K0SPN

K0SPN Ham Member QRZ Page

So, what... you're saying that CQ rips up their magazines before shipping them out?
    Or is it just that they rip your magazine before shipping?
    Seems to be that you're suggesting one or the other.

Did you ever tell CQ that your issues arrive like that?
    Does it happen every month or twice a year?

It's most likely a postal issue.
    Just because it's not from the office that actually does the final sorting and delivery doesn't mean it's not from the originating station or somewhere else down the line.
    If those who consistently receive damaged copies would report them, then it could be investigated and solved.

2. K6ZIZ

K6ZIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've spoken with Dorothy "Dottie" Kehrwieder, Production Director of CQ magazine more than once. Told no August issues available. And she offered no meaningful excuse. However, the October CQ arrived 10/3/13 which is an improvement, although late by at least a week fin my opinion. IF I decide to renew, I'll deduct the cost of the unavailable August '13 issue. By the way, local postal delivery here is usually slow from what it was 25 years ago, unless it's Priority Mail. Our rural mailbox is 6 miles away.

3. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine got here the first of October also.

4. N3CB

N3CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Every issue since July has arrived at the very END of that month. Any contest information is essentially useless AFTER the contest! It's December 23rd (2013) and I still haven't received the December issue! November was the same…and wasn't that cover photography thrilling….some YL sitting at the kitchen table?

5. K8MSH

K8MSH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My copies of CQ and Popular Communications have been chronically late since mid-2013. Still don't have December issues yet. Don't blame USPS--it's not their fault. Problems with the printer? It's likely they're not getting paid or CQ is seriously behind in paying the bills.

They don't pay their writers either--they still owe me for an article published in June 2012. Got verbal "promise" from editor, but he refused to send contract. Said, "We don't do contracts." Draw your own conclusions--but I wouldn't renew for more than a year at a time, if at all.

K8MSH

6. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Seems many folks are more than happy to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Last time I checked, there were 2 major ham magazines - QST and CQ. No doubt if CQ were to fold, many of you complaining about the late arrivals of CQ would complain about QST being the "only" magazine and how we needed something else to "counter" QST.

I enjoy reading both and while certainly would prefer the December issue of CQ to arrive on time, I'm not about to cancel my subscription! Indeed, I want to do my best to make sure they survive!! If they come out with a single price to get their others publications, all of which most hams should be interested in, it will be a no brainer. Why would I want to see them fold?? That just makes no sense!

.............Bob

7. N8DXR

N8DXR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My issues of CQ were on time (reasonably) when I first subscribed but since September they have become progressively later to the point of no arrival. It is January 27th and I have not seen this months subscription. I have called each month to ask about my issue and made the point that if the magazine does not arrive until the end of the month then the information that is time sensitive is of no use. I have been told that they will mail me an issue and they have, albeit late. At first I was told that is was an issue with the printer but then the reason changed to a re-alinement of their publications. They have consistently claimed that the issues would be resolved soon. Personally my position is that if you have a problem with a contractor that can not be corrected out source to a new contractor. If internal issues such as re-alinement of the publications can not be done in a timely manner replace existing personal with ones that can achieve company goals quickly and correctly. When you pay your subscription you create a contract that states that you have paid for future goods and services. At this time the CQ publishers have definitely not been honoring that contract and at present seem unable to honor it in the future. I hope that CQ's publishers can resolve their problems and not end up going under; which at this time is the impression they are giving even is it is unintentional. I like CQ so I will continue for the foreseeable future to hang in but time is running out. Thank goodness for QST.

8. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am done with them. No renewing from this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.