ad: M2Ant-1

Is it just mine, or is your CQ magazine chronically late in coming??

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KD4RDS, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

My CQ magazine subscription has been very late in coming the last 2 months. July's didn't come until the early part of September at which time I wrote them about it and was told it was a problem with the printer. I was given assurances things should be better for August's issue. Well the end of August is upon us and still no August issue. I'm trying to isolate this to determine if I have a USPS issue, or if CQ magazine is the culprit. When do you usually get yours?? Do you, on average, get your mags, of any type, at/near the end of the month "before" the pertinent month, at the first, middle, end of the pertinent month, or a month late?

Thanks for your time!!

S.A. Barnhardt
    KD4RDS

2. K0SPN

K0SPN Ham Member QRZ Page

This happened to me for July issue as well and I called and they sent one out 1st class mail. I ended up getting them about the same time.
    I don't have August issue yet unless it came yesterday and I haven't checked my mail.
    I'm wondering if there's something with the recent changes to show contest results earlier that's causing them issues.

I've always gotten my CQ issues well into the month on the cover; usually 10 days or so.
    QST I always get near the middle to end of the month before the cover date.

3. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Over the past few years, my issues have been periodically late.. I haven't said much because they eventually arrived a couple weeks late. My June 2013 issue was particularly late but did eventually arrive. By mid August, my July issue hadn't arrived so I called them.. They explained that they were having problems with the printer company and the July issues would be "released" along with the August issues for mailing soon. She agreed to mail my July issue immediately by first class in an envelope so I would not be without one. The same thing happened with my August issue, hadn't arrived by late August.. I called and got the same "problems at the printer" explanation. They again mailed the issue first class..

Something is going on that they're not saying.. If the issues aren't being printed, where do they get the ones they are sending "personally" to the subscribers that complain????

KM5FL

4. KD4RDS

I'm with you on thinking something is going on. But, anything I might think would be nothing but a suspicion/hunch/guess/ etc. so I'll stay silent. I will say however, something needs to get squared away. I don't want anything but that which I paid for. But I do, unequivocally, want what I've already paid for. No ifs, no ands, no buts about it!!

5. N3AWS

N3AWS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My CQ's have been consistently..............

........................................... LATE!

For years. You can set your calendar by it.

Here is the formula:

Take the Month on the title of the issue, add 6 weeks, expect it in the mail all mangled and with ripped pages.

Totally dependable. Never, ever fails!

73, Jim N3AWS

6. K0SPN

Can't speak for the timing, but the rest is a handling issue and you need to talk to the Postmaster about it.

And here it is September and I don't have my August CQ, guess I'm going to have to call on Tuesday.

7. KD4RDS

If I knew CQ was sending them out in a timely fashion, I know it would be a USPS issue. But from what they "have" told me, I can't help but believe this is not the USPS that's at fault. They have alluded to a "printer problem" to me and it appears to others too so that tells me it's not the post office.

8. KM5FL

My September 2013 issue arrived yesterday, 09/06/13.. It looks as though they mailed it toward the end of their normally projected "mail out window".. I received it one day before the day I have been calling them to inquire as to the reason for the delay.. Not really bad service, just poor service.. :(

KM5FL

9. KD4RDS

Mine too arrived a bit better. Something like September 3rd. Better than 3rd of the month "following" the month it was for. Even better is before the end of the month preceding the month it's for. I'll reserve further kudos, or "aw s (blank)(blank)(blank)" until this has gone on for a few months to see if this month was just a flash in the pan.

10. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My May issue arrived with missing pages, in the middle of the issue. :(

I have Not resubscribed yet, my subscription ran out in July.

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield

11. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That was the centerfold: a nekkid TS-990. Postman stole it.

:)

12. KY0F

KY0F Guest

Mid July I called and they sent me that one. August still hasn't arrived, I called today, they will mail it out. September arrived today (9/9/13). I find it upsetting, since I know other people got theirs two weeke ago.

13. K0SPN

Was lazy and didn't call when I posted before, but I emailed Sunday night about no August issue and they said "there was a delay with this issue" and that they should have received it already so they'd mail one via first class.

They also said that the September issue was out and posted from the "new printers" and I should get it any day now, and I did get it either Friday or Saturday (didn't check mail Friday), so hopefully this is all over now.

14. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My September issue arrived right on time, however the August issue is still MIA. No response to two e-mails. Phone call will be made shortly.

15. KM5FL

Early on in this endevour, I had little success in getting responses from CQ by email.. They always answer the phone and never passed me of to another person.. I initially would ask for the circulation department, but the person who answered would always ask, "Perhaps I can help you with your call".. Or, "Does this concern you not getting your magazine?" I don't think I ever went past the "first responder" in order to get an issue mailed to me..

As I stated earlier -- There's something "fishy" going on.. If there is a problem getting the issues actually printed, where do they get the copies they mail to those who complain of not getting one initially???

KM5FL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.