Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K8YZK

K8YZK Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember that individual government's set their own rules on operations. So Yemen decided not to allow this operation to work 4X/4Z for whatever illogical reason, but putting it on QRZ I don't think will change their rules.
    So is it right, my opinion no.

2. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Couldn't agree more! A terrible state of affairs that is not at all in the spirit of amateur radio.

I think anyone would have to accept that, sometimes, you do have in mind the political background to a nation you are contacting; that is only natural. But the political background of any nation, or tensions between nations, cannot be pinned on any one individual, much less so amateur radio operators who invariably approach the world in a peaceful manner.

So that's why, for example, against a backdrop of current, silly political tensions between the UK and Argentina, the only thing we as amateurs in those respective nations are interested in is to keep on talking as much as possible and to foster peace between nations. My best and most friendly contact on 15m this week so far was with Argentina, and much I am proud of it.

Nothing other than destruction is ever achieved by not talking, and if this stuff is correct, then those responsible for bringing it about should take their lessons from history and promote only unfettered access to and from all nations of the world. If governments have nothing better to do than use radio as a political tool, they have their own, state apparatus to do it with. Don't drag amateurs into the same rubbish!

3. SV1QFF

SV1QFF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you are incorrect. The white blank means that 30m and 160m are not valid.
    SV1QFf, Michael

4. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

" we have to follow the rules whether we like it or not " who says??
    I follow nobody's rules but my own..period.

5. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Postscript to my last ; RF does NOT respect international bounderies , nor their pimping governments ( including our's )nwho support them....

6. 4X1UN

4X1UN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all for your support and intriguing comments.
    Two additions/clarifications:
    1. Yes, the 7O6T team has stated in CW in the middle of the pile-ups several times "NO QSO 4X NO QSO 4X..."
    2. I doubt if you will find any 4X station in the online log - The 30m/160m symbols simply mean they are not active on those bands/modes.
    73s

7. W2MFT

W2MFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure you can hold them accountable...Don't send any donations and the Americans on the operation should be ashamed of themselves...for furthering the aims of that government...But sadly the ME FIRST attitude of our Community will prevail....rather than the aims and spirit of Amateur Radio...

8. KC2ZPK

KC2ZPK Ham Member QRZ Page

this is most shameful.

9. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most of the listed team members listed on the 7o6t page have email addresses in their qrz.com bios. Why not email one of them and just ask if it's their policy not to QSO Israel, rather than speculating about it here?

10. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Why is that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.