ad: LZQSLprint-1

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

[[Is it because they might have a "Chip" on their shoulder? ]]

heheh!

Good one!

Nathan Cohen W1YW

2. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

you are absolutely right, a ham in a country that lists Yemen as an enemy of the state is saying no other hams should work the the Yemen station. looks like the 4X wants everyone in the world to bend to his will, sounds familiar...

3. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i see it as two nations that have a long standing "cold war" in place that have restrictions on hams. sound familiar?

4. W5LE/SK2024

W5LE/SK2024 XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What??? 4X1UN doesn't show up in the 706T log on 30, or 160 or any other band.

5. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

so because our Cold War is over the world should hold hands and do what you believe is moral? who are you to define morality for other people in another culture?

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

..........and sing "KOOM-BYE-YAH.........

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Its certainly legit to throw it out there as his concern. I don't think he's asking anyone to bend to anyone's will.

For example, I think its wrong to do this exclusion for 4X, but can see no reason why the operation isn't legit for DXCC. Frankly, the fact that 7O operations (from Yemen's standpoint) have not been excluded based on --religion-- is a rebellious act in itself. It's a little victory with each QSO, IMO.

Looking forward to working them.

Chip W1YW

8. WX1DX

WX1DX Ham Member QRZ Page

A perfect example of the US government violating our constitutional right's! not just freedom of speech but of association as well. I mean really pleas what does it hurt for two hams to say your 5x9 or what ever and thank you for the contact! perfect example of the U.S. government censoring it's citizens to play to other nations stupidity and politics!

9. K9RQ

K9RQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Really, seriously why are you wasting our time with this rant?

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

1) No. But this Jewish ham has the QSL's:=) I can't go into the country--as a Jew-- but operators can talk to me from there. That's a quiet victory.

2) Not applicable.

Chip W1YW

11. NJ0F

NJ0F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"The scope of our Mission is to promote to the World the beauty and a uniqueness enjoyments of the Island of Socotra through Amateur Radio!" He He what a joke.
    This should not even count as a valid Yemen "7O" DXCC Credit. If they operated from mainland Yemen, it would be another story. There should be no discrimination in ham radio. Not wanting to work a 4X, or ANY station for than matter, is discrimination. Would this be a showstopper for others to work "Yemen", probably not if I listen to the pileups and screaming voices to work "7O". This should count for IOTA but NOT for a "7O" mainland Yemen QSO. I guess the next thing would be a DXpedition to North Korea, but located 20ft inside the South Korean side...

12. NJ0F

NJ0F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We are hams, what did you expect?

13. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is pretty much applicable, because DXCC is largely a game of historical opportunity.

I think if ARRL decides to yank 7O this time based on the fact that they won't work 4X while ignoring existing DXCC rules, there will be a huge revolt. It's been 10 years and yes it is tough luck for some but that doesn't mean it needs to be spoilt to all.

14. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Think they have a Yemeni Government order NOT to work me!

15. WK5X

WK5X Guest

I'll probably voice my concerns regarding only this current operation. A line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere. And there's plenty of sand in Yemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.