ad: k1jek

Is 7O6T operation legitimate?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4X1UN, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8NSI

W8NSI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd donate to the cause to send you to North Korea! :)

2. 4Z1UF

4Z1UF Ham Member QRZ Page

Joe,
    as I wrote : we have absolutely no country restrictions. Zero. Only band/mode/power
    Ilya

3. NT2X

NT2X Ham Member QRZ Page

To all: I will say this one more time - work 7O6T. This is not the time nor the place to discuss this matter. This is may be your one and only chance to do this in your lifetime. These ops prepared well to put this on the map. There may not be another for a long time. YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS. You are guessing, but you may be wrong. Criticise them, if you want, after this is done and over with. In the meantime, shut up. I cannot be more direct. Guys and girls, wherever you are - figure this out for yourself, I cannot tell you more than that. Just quietly work them if you can. Wisdom is hard to come by these days, but this whole matter calls for patience, a little wisdom and a bit of smarts. Shooting off your mouth is neither one of these virtues. And don't QRM and insult the ops, nobody needs this. I, too support 4X hams, but please just stop talking about this until the DXpedition is complete. OK? I know you wouldn't, but this is my most sincere wish to the entire ham community. 73, Ed/NT2X

4. WB8LZG

WB8LZG Guest

It's painfully obvious guys. This is a Hobby ! Some forein governments may choose not to have radio communications with other contries. This is the politcal entities problem. It is not OUR place to tell a government what it can and cannot enforce as law in their country.
    This is much the same as the current U.S. embargo of Cuba. In the 60's this embargo may have had some effect, and may have made sence. IN 2012 it is absolutly rediculas. But what can be done about it ? Revolution , Election, Assasination ? 73 Gregg WB8LZG

5. K4VOV

K4VOV Ham Member QRZ Page

"That is precisely my point. The Bill of Rights only applies on US soil. Radio waves do not stop at the dotted lines on a map, and thus radio transmissions are subject to international agreements. If Lower Slobbovia or Elbonia do not want their people to speak with each other, I am obligated to abide by their wishes, even if I desperately "need" their DXCC entity."

The FCC or Administrative Law do not abrogate THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CONSTITUTION - BILL OF RIGHTS - DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE which are the supreme law within in the USA, not international law.

6. K8WHB

K8WHB Ham Member QRZ Page

NT2X,

Sorry I cannot agree with you. I will NOT work them (even though I've heard them on 40M and could probably work them), and I have by email asked the ARRL to decline to give credit for ANY award for contacts made with 7O6T. I won't QRM or insult them {I have never intentionally interfered with any amateur station and I'm not about to break that rule} - I'll just ignore them on the air, but work behind the scenes as hard as I can to discredit the entire operation (which includes a boycott of any amateur radio supplier that has supported the expedition).

7. DL2RMM

DL2RMM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree completely with Larry ... there are countries which have "banned lists" (its a shame they exist) and DXAC would have to delete those countries (and no just certain DXpeditions) if the proposed logic is followed.

Back in East Germany we had several banned countries (4X, ZS, HL etc) => despite that known fact East Germany itself did count for DXCC (?!)

Life is not fair, but we should really keep politics out of Hamradio...
    73 de Jens, DL2RMM (ex Y27ED)

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm only surprised that you've put up with it this long...

9. KC0PDF

KC0PDF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, you are right Ed NT2X! I hope everyone will listen!

The rules are the rules and they are following them.

Wow 2KW? Rules Hmmm.

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

No, we don't.

11. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just out of curiousity - has any past operation from 7O allowed contacts with Israeli hams?

And if they invalidate this one, should they go back and invalidate all others that had the same restriction?

12. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess I better get an IB4TL!

13. W4FYT

W4FYT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4x1un is not confirmed on their logs

14. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you also going to press them to invalidate all contacts from the past from countries that weren't authorized to make contact?

15. W2MFT/SK2023

W2MFT/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Well if the DXCC program permits discrimination against any member of the Amateur community...what does that say about the validity of the award...Some one inquired about past operations...thats not the issue...It is time to take the moral high ground going forward. The Cold War is over, The Berlin wall is gone, and the Arab Springs have occurred. Sad to see in 2012 we are allowing a country to co-opt Amateur Radio for their political agenda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.