ad: CQMM-1

Ignore

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KK4GGL, Apr 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have put some members on the ignore list, but I am still seeing the post, but without the content. The is some text saying "You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content". Is there a way to not see even that?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

Edit: Thanks for moving the thread. :)

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Once upon a time, folks "ignored people" by simply not paying any attention to them whatsoever.... this method still works ;)

But as far as the software goes, what you have seen is just how it works - you know they posted something but you know not what.

Dave
    W7UUU

WD4ELG likes this.
  3. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the info, but that action, at least to me, is irritating. The object I was looking for was to not see their posts at all.
    Oh, well.
    Thanks.

W1DLY likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

One problem with Ignore, Is that they may post something worthwhile.

Then you miss some thread content, Then your post can sound stupid. :oops:

Use Mind Over Matter.

5. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've seen both sides of this: at one time I got the longer message, not the short version. Like Dave said, it's really much easier to just mentally filter out the offending member.

Currently, I only have one fellow in there, not because he is a real problem, it's just that when he feels a necessity to join a thread, he posts, and posts, and posts... Some of his responses take up most of the page! I was just too hard the wade thru his crud, so into the round file he went. Immediately the thread in question became readable again...

Some time later, I'll clean out the jail, just not right away...

6. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

So how do you reverse an "ignore"?

7. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

I've decided to Ignore the OP

8. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I sure wish *I* could ignore people!! LOL! (well, I do . . . I just scroll on by)

............Bob

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Click on your call sign in the upper right, then find the link "People you Ignore" - click that and it opens a list so you can remove (or add!) names.

I have never used that function - my "ignore" feature is between my ears

Dave
    W7UUU

10. W7UUU

Just a reminder too: putting moderators and/or QRZ staff on Ignore and getting caught doing it will almost always result in a lengthy site ban

Dave
    W7UUU

11. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I only have 2 callsigns on ignore, one gif spammer and one supertroll. I find that if I ignore the “show ignorant content” link, that is sufficient for my needs