ad: MLSons-1

Icom IC-7300 WSJT/FT8 Setup (Easy and Simple)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Jun 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Howdy. That makes a bit more sense now. You are using a serial to USB converter. Those can be finicky,

M1WML likes this.
  2. K3KEK

K3KEK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks fine. The only thing I disagree with is that I set the mode to fake it for split mode. This make the software shift the transmit frequency so it uses the middle part of the bandwidth for the best signal.

I also set AGC to fast and 0.1 sec. I find that if you ever get a very strong station or some guy transmitting 1.5kw and ends up splattering having a bit of agc allows the other signals to survive it. YMMV.

M1WML likes this.
  3. DO9KW

DO9KW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

concerning AGC off I never had any issues, even with strong stations in the neighbourhood (+30, +40 and stronger signals) but there is no correct way, you have to test what is working best for you.

But the thing with "not setting split mode to fake it" you have to explain a bit more in detail.
    What do you mean by saying that using fake it makes the software shift the transmit frequency?
    what else should I use for better results?

regards

M1WML likes this.
  4. GW0HUS

GW0HUS Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT FANTASTIC .....

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE SAME FOR IC 9700 ??????

M1WML likes this.
  5. KD9VV

KD9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KB7KUH

KB7KUH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well mine has worked just fine for a few years. The other day, it stopped. All other modes work CW SSB and so on. I get no RF out. I have double checked all the settings in the video, and no luck. I get a green light on Test Cat. I'm thinking it was a Windows update it did a few days ago.
    Any suggestions? I will try to uninstall the updates.

Thanks