ad: AbAuRe-1

Icom IC-7300 WSJT/FT8 Setup (Easy and Simple)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Jun 6, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W8RES

W8RES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

TIP....How to make band and mode changes an easy process with all of your settings preset for you...

After you get your digital settings all set the way you want it then save these settings to the SD card and give the file you save a unique name with "Digital" in it.
    Then go back and set the 7300 to the specific settings you need for phone use and save your settings to the SD card with a unique name with "SSB" in it.
    Then go back and set the 7300 to the specific settings you need for CW use and save your settings to the SD card with a unique name with "CW" in it.
    The when you want to change from one mode to another you just need to load the appropriate file titled Digital, SSB, or CW from the SD card and you are ready to go.

Specific settings mentioned above includes filters, noise reduction, power out, frequency, waterfall settings, connectors and levels etc.
    Each of these files now contain all of your settings on the 7300.
    Since that includes the frequency and band setting when the file was saved then when I load the SSB file
    my 7300 is tuned to a favorite net frequency or for CW my favorite CW location on a specific band.

If later you find you are always tweaking one of these settings to a new preference then just simply re-save the file and that setting will be pre-tweaked for you each time you load it.

Hope you find this useful.
    Bob - W8RES

N2AMM, DO9KW, K4WH and 1 other person like this.
  2. KC2YTD

KC2YTD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What?

KA2FIR likes this.
  3. K3SZ

K3SZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

KB1GKN likes this.
  4. KD9VV

KD9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

True, but it won't save the settings of your computer (op system), which BTW is where most people struggle with proper settings. Sure, you can copy the ini file; and when the computer crashes?...If I believed in paper less only, I would be a fool.
    Ask your bank if they trust all financial info to computers only? LOL

ALC as just one example is not controlled by the rig in digital modes but rather the sound level settings in ones computer.
    RCV levels are another animal all together for proper decodes.

5. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

You're exactly right which is why I say to save your 7300 configuration and then the .ini file on your computer which is the computer settings. The manual which too many people over look show you several files you want to back up along with your 7300 configuration. If your computer crashes pretty simply to reinstall your software and then copy those saved files to their location and you're back instantly. OH and don't keep the ini files and such backed up on your computer.

DO9KW, KB1GKN and KD9VV like this.
  6. KD9VV

KD9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Right.
    The SD card for the 7300 should contain the ini file, opsys file for WSJT-X.
    The odds of the 7300 SD card AND computer crashing are slim to none.
    You are right; so many don't read the entire manual on their rigs.
    Most rigs these days only supply the "Getting Started" basic manual...It's good but not good enough.
    I ran into this with my IC 9700, the advanced manual has to be downloaded...I suppose they cut some cost by not providing the full paper manual.

7. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonderful Rig for a Wonderful Mode :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

M0TNX likes this.
  8. KD4HGR

KD4HGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes it does but prior to 1.4 it did not

9. N6DSC

N6DSC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The new firm ware update for ICOM 7300 already has the FT8 WSJT already set up so you can select that mode in pre select or go back to normal operations. You do not need to go thru all of this it is done automatically with the new ICOM 7300 firm ware update.

K9GLS likes this.
  10. M0TNX

M0TNX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Paul. stoppit. :D

N6SPP likes this.