ad: QSLWorks-1

IC-705 and LC-192 Review by FB Girls

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by JP3JZK, Jul 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello KG5CJA.

The Japanese market price of IC-705 is 118,000 yen (tax included).
    The list price is ¥124,800 + tax.

For your information.

I am considering purchasing it.

JF1IRQ

N8ZI and W5CJA like this.
  2. KM6CS

KM6CS Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps one day they will actually sell it here in the U.S.A.!

3. JF1IRQ

Is it not sold in the US yet?

JF1IRQ

4. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

U.S. Vendor cannot release the actual sale price until it's approved by the FCC, and don't think that has happened yet?
    Still waiting on FCC Approval.......

JF1IRQ likes this.
  5. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not doubting you, but what CFR has that verbiage? I want to read up on that. Also, ICOM is already providing review samples to a certain YouTube salesperson....so they can't be far off at this point.

6. JF1IRQ

It looks like it's coming soon.
    I can't wait.

JF1IRQ

7. JF1IRQ

It's coming soon.

JF1IRQ

8. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have experience in this area, but prefer not to disclose details. You can PM me if you wish.

There is a generic approval process for all rf devices which allow for limited pre-marketing of products prior to approval within certain parameters. When a vendor attaches a retail price to an item it moves from beyond pre-marketing to sales. It's not the operational use of the radio that prohibits the sale, the item is simply not approved for import until approved by the FCC. Vendors can enter into sales contracts with suppliers at an earlier stage in the process, perhaps that is why we are seeing the items in pre-sale with the vendors accepting "deposits".

Here are some CFR references, but most won't provide the smoking gun you are requesting. Areas such as this cross multiple Federal boundaries; US Customs controls the import and are governed by treaty, the FCC controls the operational use and are governed by their owned regulations, and the FTC controls the sales and marketing under commerce regulations. In this case, the FCC, as the lead department to authorize the devices drives the train, but its US Customs and FTC that provides the heavy lifting at the distribution and retail level. Likewise there are dozens of CFRs that are applicable, and enough boring reading that would tranquilize an elephant, here are a few that are more specific to marketing:

NOTE: I have redacted much of the CFR to provide brevity, the full CFR can be accessed here: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...3ec6ea010&mc=true&node=se47.1.2_1803&rgn=div8

Title 47: Telecommunication
    PART 2—FREQUENCY ALLOCATIONS AND RADIO TREATY MATTERS; GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
    Subpart I—Marketing of Radio-frequency Devices

§2.803 Marketing of radio frequency devices prior to equipment authorization.
    (a) Marketing, as used in this section, includes sale or lease, or offering for sale or lease, including advertising for sale or lease, or importation, shipment, or distribution for the purpose of selling or leasing or offering for sale or lease.

(b) General rule. No person may market a radio frequency device unless:
    (1) For devices subject to authorization under certification, the device has been authorized in accordance with the rules in subpart J of this chapter and is properly identified and labeled as required by §2.925 and other relevant sections in this chapter; or
    (c) Exceptions. The following marketing activities are permitted prior to equipment authorization:
    (1) Activities conducted under market trials pursuant to subpart H of part 5 of this chapter or in accordance with a Spectrum Horizons experimental radio license issued pursuant to subpart I of part 5.
    (2) Limited marketing is permitted, as described in the following text, for devices that could be authorized under the current rules; could be authorized under waivers of such rules that are in effect at the time of marketing; or could be authorized under rules that have been adopted by the Commission but that have not yet become effective. These devices may not be operated unless permitted by §2.805.
    (i) Conditional sales contracts (including agreements to produce new devices manufactured in accordance with designated specifications) are permitted between manufacturers and wholesalers or retailers provided that delivery is made contingent upon compliance with the applicable equipment authorization and technical requirements.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    W5CJA and JF1IRQ like this.
  9. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

10. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent point !
    Change is the only Constant ! :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

AA5H likes this.
  11. JA7RHK

JA7RHK Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    N8ZI likes this.
  12. JA7RHK

Oh! I'm sorry, Google Translator doesn't translate the era name of Japan.
    The order is "Japanese era, month, day".
    <License date> Oct. 26th, 2016 <Valid period of license> By Oct. 26th, 2021

13. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

but her name can not be authenticated because of the ***** ; so who really holds that call! ICOM marketing.....

14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm pretty sure that the RADIO OPERATORS LICENSE in Japan doesn't expire.

15. JA7RHK

Hmm, it is sure that the HAM station in the web site is currently authenticated. In Japan, the ID number of his/her radio operator license is required to apply for a HAM station (i.e., call sign). ***** means the authorities of Japanese Government don't make public it. In this case, I suppose ICOM marketing affected that showy article ....