ad: elecraft

IC-705 and LC-192 Review by FB Girls

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by JP3JZK, Jul 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N8ZI -- I agree, but we need to move forward..... Old goats that complain are not going to change, but if we make them the focus we gain no progress. The only place that the old goats have any 'real' power is within the local clubs, they often hold the club leadership positions and block change at the local level, that can be changed if the centrist majority of the club would step up. Every club has a charter that allows elections of officers, but it's up to us to get involved and run for office to invoke change.

As far as the airwaves, I again agree. I absolutely despise ragchewing, and for the reasons you described. I can't count the number of times I was trying to work a DX contact only to have the guy in the next town plow 1500W almost on top of my contact so he can spend the next hour describing every bolt and nut on his antenna. That said, we have to share the bands, we all live on the same street. Kids hear garbage all the time in movies, music, and in public; explain to your nephews about the different types of activities they may hear, and that "ragchewing" is just one of many. Kids are naturally competitive, get them involved in a statewide QSO party and let them assist, or show them FT8 or digital modes which are fast paced and avoids "hearing" the old goats. Lots of other choices too, buy a handheld antenna and let them help you contact the ISS, bet they would find that pretty cool.