ad: portazero-1

HR2.0 - POTA Scramble, Part 1! - Ham Radio Parks on the Air from K-2791

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Aug 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Or just be someone genuinely interested in spreading the hobby to others, and having fun doing it. Make videos of what you enjoy, and have fun doing it. That seems to work out alright for me... I mean, I get kids into radio and get to play radio with my own kid.

2E0TWD and KC5HWB like this.
  2. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gentlemen, I would request that you stay on topic with the original subject of this post. The post is about doing a Parks On The Air activation. If you have a problem with something outside of the topic of the video, email me directly.

2E0TWD and KC9ONY like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

May I remind all - this article is in "Amateur Radio News" - this is not a thread about the pros and cons of the YouTube business model or those who use it.

If you want to maintain the ability to post in the thread, please drop the YouTube diatribe.

Dave
    W7UUU

[Multiple posts removed from view]

2E0TWD, KC9ONY and KC5HWB like this.
  4. KI4UYA

KI4UYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Big Brother has spoken __._ ._. _ . ... __... ...__

5. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have indeed, I hope you feel better for it. Nothing like some trolling to make the day go by.

KC5HWB likes this.
  6. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To address some overall statements and questions, I will respond with the following:

This video was posted in the News section of QRZ. It was never advertised or intended to be a "teaching" video. Not all videos are teaching videos, though many are. Having fun with Amateur Radio should be perfectly acceptable. I guess it offends some people, but if you are interested in teaching new Hams about the hobby, then having fun is just one aspect of what we do.

My jealous and disappointed comment was a reply to another trolling comment, which is what truly "opened the door" The original post that got muted/deleted was BEFORE my post. Please read the timeline.

2E0TWD likes this.
  7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Such fun. I guess I need to activate Alaskaland. :)

KG7HVR and KC5HWB like this.
  8. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please do! Make a video of your activation.
    (Just make sure you check the white balance on your video camera/recorder. :rolleyes: )

Regards,
    -Bruce
    (Formerly WL7AH)

KC5HWB likes this.
  9. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Since there is a "Videos and Podcasts" area, would it make more
    sense to post them there instead of the "Amateur Radio News"?

That would make it easy to go back and look for videos posted,
    at least for me. ;)

W9EBE, KC5HWB and KU4X like this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The "Amateur Radio News" article decisions are made by the site ownership. The top management decides what remains in this forum vs. being moved to other forums. It's not a decision I'm empowered to make or comment on

Dave
    W7UUU

2E0TWD likes this.