ad: chuckmartin

HR2.0 - POTA Scramble, Part 1! - Ham Radio Parks on the Air from K-2791

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Aug 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To address some overall statements and questions, I will respond with the following:

This video was posted in the News section of QRZ. It was never advertised or intended to be a "teaching" video. Not all videos are teaching videos, though many are. Having fun with Amateur Radio should be perfectly acceptable. I guess it offends some people, but if you are interested in teaching new Hams about the hobby, then having fun is just one aspect of what we do.

My jealous and disappointed comment was a reply to another trolling comment, which is what truly "opened the door" The original post that got muted/deleted was BEFORE my post. Please read the timeline.

2E0TWD likes this.
  2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Such fun. I guess I need to activate Alaskaland. :)

KG7HVR and KC5HWB like this.
  3. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please do! Make a video of your activation.
    (Just make sure you check the white balance on your video camera/recorder. :rolleyes: )

Regards,
    -Bruce
    (Formerly WL7AH)

KC5HWB likes this.
  4. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Since there is a "Videos and Podcasts" area, would it make more
    sense to post them there instead of the "Amateur Radio News"?

That would make it easy to go back and look for videos posted,
    at least for me. ;)

W9EBE, KC5HWB and KU4X like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

The "Amateur Radio News" article decisions are made by the site ownership. The top management decides what remains in this forum vs. being moved to other forums. It's not a decision I'm empowered to make or comment on

Dave
    W7UUU

2E0TWD likes this.
  6. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

One better - what not go 'maritime mobile' on the Discovery?

[​IMG]
    bet if you told them it would be on UTOOB, they would be happy for free advertising...

KG7HVR, KC5HWB and KU4X like this.
  7. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This would be fun

8. KG7HVR

KG7HVR Ham Member QRZ Page

You've got a boat Jason ? Hmmm.. thanks for the videos.
    Lately theres been a Bombardment of monetized YouTube videos of just useless content posted on QrZ by a particular individual or 2 on here. and I think it is raking the nerves of many people who use QRZ. Now, so they have lashed out at you for no reason, who has been doing this longer then most of these people. keep doing that what you do brother.
    From cactus county

KC5HWB likes this.
  9. KI4UYA

KI4UYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously tongue in check humor was not understood.

10. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

...Just spam the "news" feed here with every single thing you do, everyday! Look everyone... here is the 10,000th POTA video!

Honestly, get on the air and enjoy the hobby. We get it, Ham Radio is FUN! Young hams don't need endless hours in front of their phones and PC's to understand how this all works, after all, everyone eventually has to study for the test. A few videos won't hurt anyone of course. But nowadays, there are thousands of them.

FWIW, I get the enjoyment of saving money for a purchase, then telling other hams on the forums about my personal experience. Look at the Wolf River Coil comments. Someone already did the video FOR ME.

If you want fame and attention, use TikTok or Reddit instead. In fact, I bet there isn't much POTA stuff on the TikTok feeds... there's your chance! You can thank me with sponsor money later. :cool:

Just Enjoy