ad: ProAudio-1

HR2.0 - Parks on the Air Activation K-2996 Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9MO

W9MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ignore the comments from the "Radio Police" Jason. Old "boomers" going to boom regardless.

KC5HWB likes this.
  2. KD2LFG

KD2LFG Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KD2LFG

KD2LFG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ignore the curmudgeons who still think a Ham is not worthy unless they passed a code test decades ago. Its people with elitist attitudes like that who discourage younger hams to join the hobby. Unfortunately, they haven't woke up to the digital age yet. I wonder if these types even know how to use any of the myriad of digital modes now available and which are creating new interest in the hobby? There is a reason modes like FT8 are so popular, much to the chagrin of others. Nothing against CW, but I chose to learn it because I see the value of it, not for some snobby rite of passage.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    KF5SLK and KC5HWB like this.
  4. KF5SLK

KF5SLK Ham Member QRZ Page

You should read the guy's bio here on QRZ. He spends a good deal of bandwidth (several pages) name dropping about people he knew, companies he worked for, his educational accomplishments, countries he worked in, etc. all to prove how special he is.
    My favorite quote from his own bio is "basic interpersonal communications is fast becoming a lost capability..."
    So, true.

KC5HWB likes this.