ad: AbAuRe-1

HR2.0 - Parks on the Air Activation K-2996 Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1PJE

W1PJE Ham Member QRZ Page

Said in another FT8 thread but applicable here:

COVID-19 has sadly not killed intolerance or the inability to have a civil set of comments without making ad hominem attacks, deriving people as "arrogant know it alls", and generally squashing enthusiasm to make ones self feel temporarily better. Alas, K7JOE gives clear examples of all these problems.

I'm very supportive of Jason's excellent work, and this video is a clear example of it. I hope others agree. If you don't, spin the dial and go somewhere else.

KM0NAS, N4FZ, W7EDC and 3 others like this.
  2. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Phil. Hope you and your family are doing well and keeping safe.

3. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You learned something. My mission accomplished !!

Form over function. Seldom works !
    Roger, Roger Snowflake. Go melt in the corner.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Spoken like a true Elmer .... Fudd :rolleyes:

ND6M likes this.
  5. W1PJE

W1PJE Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that's really helpful, K7JOE. Not. It says far more about the sender than the recipient. If you can't contribute something positive, step aside and let the rest of us just get on with contributing something of value, rather than throwing rocks. In the times we live in right now, no one needs the bandwidth wasted, and if you truly think you have "elmered" someone by using that kind of language, you have a lot still to learn. Why be the problem instead of solving the problem?

W8BFX and KC5HWB like this.
  6. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmmm K7JOE just has to get the last word in... Give it a rest, all have heard your position, weak one that it is.

Great video and when the Chine Virus crisis is over:), want to try two parks I like here in Baja.

KC5HWB likes this.
  7. AC8SI

AC8SI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the video. Really appreciate that you are helping others learn how to enjoy the hobby.

N4FZ and KC5HWB like this.
  8. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not that it's wrong. It depends on your goals. I operated From the Flamingo Campground with a tent, generator and 40 / 20 OCF during NPOTA. I was on CW , but my friends were on SSB. If your goal is to have fun , then "Please Copy" is OK. If you want to make 400 QSO's in a weekend like my buddies did, having to say that 400 times is counter-productive. Different strokes Bro

9. WD5HNI

WD5HNI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ack

Instead of Parks on the Air, maybe this year it should be changed to "Backyards on the Air" seems more fitting with current state of affairs, and now here in Texas, the governor now closed all State Parks in Texas, so much for POA, and my guess, FD too!

Life is changing slowy, so get used to it!
    Ham safe all....

WD5HNI...

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Parks are closing here when folks are unable/unwilling to distance themselves. Kind of sad to see.

11. KC5HWB

Agreed

12. KC5HWB

Yes in that regard, I do see what you are saying. Good points, thanks for sharing.

13. IDEALTELSIZ

IDEALTELSIZ QRZ Member

Good content thanks for sharing .

KC5HWB likes this.
  14. F5NPV

F5NPV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Guys

Regarding POTA or SOTA operation , i prefer to use homebrew equipment . The Rig is powerered by 2200mah Lipo (I bring 4 lipo for all day).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-The TRX is about 25 up to 30watts and mostly i am targetting 40m and 20m . With this power , I can achieve without any pain DX contacts using CW mode.
    -Antenna is a homebrew End-Fed 20 meters long and no need ATU from 40 up to 10m (No WARC) . for WARC bands i have another End-end . for this kind of antenna , i Just need a tree to hook it.
    -The TRX can be powered with 12 or 24VDC
    - i am not using any computer

Total weight is about 6kg only and i just need a normal size backpack.

Hopefully the current situation will end soon and will be able to enjoy outdoor hamradio operation.

73s from France - F5NPV op Didier

N4FZ and WJ4U like this.
  15. KN4ZUJ

KN4ZUJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi all, sorry I started a bashing session for the HR2.0. Yes, as a new tech. I spend a lot of time watching and learning from "Elmers" or people with a lot more knowledge than I.
    What I was asking for from KC5HWB is to explain more about his equipment. I have seen lots of videos on Park activations and have become a member or POTA but have not ventured out yet. WHY? I need the right rig. So, I am looking for a radio that is within my band specs. to be used on POTA, SOTA, Satellites, etc. and even HF DX contesting. I know I am limited and as soon as Covid-19 goes away, I will test for General. In the mean time, I need advice on a rig. to include a good antenna for 10m.
    Thanks