ad: ProAudio-1

How to Import eQSL Confirmations?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by ZL1BG, Sep 2, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. ZL1BG

ZL1BG Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone know how to get credit for eQSL confirmations? I can do this easily for LOTW, and can see there is a column in the logbook to display eQSL confirmation receipts, but cannot see anywhere where I can actually import them.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Assuming eQSL has an ADIF export option, use that to download your eQSL data. Then in QRZ, under "Settings" scroll down to "Import ADIF" and use that to import the ADIF file from your eQSL settings.

I only ever upload to my eQSL account via N3FJP - I rarely even look at the eQSL site - I just do this for the benefit of others. So I really don't recall if eQSL has any sort of export ADIF feature. You will need to find that.

Just remember that just because you show a confirmation on eQSL doesn't mean there will be a match on QRZ. If the other party doesn't upload to QRZ, there cannot be a match.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. ZL1BG

Yes, I tried that before but it did not work as expected.

When I have a QSO I automatically upload it to QRZ, LOTW and eQSL. However, not all ops use QRZ to log or confirm. If they only use one of the other services and they confirm on that service, QRZ does not know it was confirmed and hence no credit for awards is granted on QRZ.

With that said, there is a LOTW import (direct API call to LOTW) on QRZ that grabs all explicit LOTW confirmations and applies that to QRZ, which is great! I have a bunch of eQSL-specific confirmations that are still not considered on QRZ and a simple ADIF import from an eQSL export file does not appear to work. The odd thing is that there is clearly a provision for this in the underlying data structures.

Is there some other way to do this that others have already used successfully for this purpose?

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ask eQSL Support.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ does not accept confirmations from eQSL. Neither does LoTW. The confirmations are not double-blind based.

N8UC likes this.
  6. ZL1BG

That might explain things a bit.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

An ADIF export is an ADIF export. If the data in the eQSL data sent in the export gets matched by an eQSL person also uploading to QRZ, it will confirm on QRZ.

QRZ logbook doesn't know what service generated the ADIF file

Back when I actively cared about eQSL I did this all the time and it works great.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KP4SX

Well yeah, but that's different than it coming FROM eQSL.

DF9HC likes this.
  9. W7UUU

Sure. I should made that more clear :)

Dave
    W7UUU

10. ZL1BG

So, in that case, the other op would still need to use QRZ then. Do I understand correctly?

11. KP4SX

Basically yes. And that takes eQSL out of the equation.
    The loggings will apply in the ADIF transfer but not confirmations. I just downloaded an ADIF from eQSL and don't see any QSL_RCVD field.

12. ZL1BG

Unfortunately, that does not solve the issue we are trying to address - it merely ignores it.

13. KP4SX

I don't think QRZ actually wants eQSL confirmations since they aren't double-blind secure.

14. ZL1BG

What confuses me is that there is a provision for the data in the logbook columns. They have identical columns for both LOTW and eQSL for this express purpose, yet LOTW columns get populated and eQSL do not. Why would the columns be there if they had no intention of using them?

15. KP4SX

So that people can have a spot to do their own recordkeeping. There's also a slot for paper cards even though QRZ does not accept them.