ad: Flexradio-1

HOW TO CONFIRM OLD QSO'S WHEN I DIDN'T USE A LOGBOOK?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by SM5LBR, May 9, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. SM5LBR

SM5LBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am starting to get tons of QSL requests for confirmation into my QRZ.COM log. Many are as far back as 10 years or more. I haven't been very good in writing down everything or enter it. I also had many QSO's while being mobile on HF. So when I want to confirm now, I am requested to enter report, time and date, but I have of none of them available. Is it possible to return the request to sender and ask them to fill in for me? Otherwise I will have to reject.
    Grateful for replay.
    Rainer SM5LBR

KB1YNO likes this.
  2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you search the operators call on QRZ.com, many will have an email address listed on their bio page where you can contact them for the information.

DG1RS likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Not much you can do short of asking them

Change your ways going forward and start logging contacts for future confirmations

Dave
    W7UUU

4. SM5LBR

SM5LBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your comments. This was the first time I asked something here and probably the last time.
    Rainer SM5LBR

KB1YNO and PY2NEA like this.
  5. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Rainer!
    Sounded like you're upset about at least one of the answers that you've gotten here. Let's just be straightforward here: your answer is just that the confirmations can't be done the way that you wanted due to lack of information on your side of the QSO. This is just a fact.

The way that QRZ (and most other logging / award systems work) is a double-blind system. That means that you input your data, the others input their data and when both match within certain parameters, a confirmation happens. Parameters usually are: date, time (UTC) and band. More information can be used but those three are the bare minimum required for a match in most systems. Because of the nature of the double-blind system you cannot see their log and they can't see yours during the matching process... There might be a way around this, but I would not know what it would be...

Now that being said, it will be a very hard task for you to contact each and everyone requesting a confirmation from you if you don't have that information readily available.

Since there is no readily available way to do this you really would have to work backward and contact each of the hams requesting a confirmation, and then input that information into your log on QRZ and then, there would be a match / confirmation.

Sorry, OM, that's just the way it is when you want accurate and reliable confirmations. I am sure that if you contact the stations requesting a confirmation, they will provide that to you if they really want the confirmation. No easier way currently exists. QRZ and ARRL are pretty strict about this, "eQSL" is not so strict.

Good luck with your new quest.

K3XR and PY2NEA like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

All anyone did was tell you the truth. If you don't have the details of the QSO, you can't confirm it. If you don't want to email the stations involved and ask them for the details, you can't confirm it.

QRZ is the same as LoTW and other logging services: they are "double blind" which means BOTH users need to supply data.

You could use eQSL instead - they don't use a "double blind" system so anyone can confirm any contact without even having worked the other station - just copy their details into your log. But QRZ, LoTW, ClubLog, HRDLog, etc. etc. do not operate that way.

No need to sound upset - these are just facts. And are completely truthful.

Dave
    W7UUU

JA6XZS, KP4SX and WG7X like this.