ad: Retevis-1

Homeland Security Alert Web Banners

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG4UPX, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W7EG

W7EG Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K3XR @ Oct. 20 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">notice it did not take long for the BLAME AMERICA FIRST CROWD to crawl out of their hole....
    two questions for you:
    1. if this is not the greatest country in the world...what is
    2. when are you moving there

dan,k3xr[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No, we're the blame Dubya first crowd. We've got one of the worst presidents in the history of this country in office.

Our economy just had the worst September since the Great Depression. My state, Washington, has the worst unemployment in the nation: much worse than in the early 90's when Dubya's daddy lost it to the economy. And there is no sigh of improvement on the horizon. So I can't really blame Dubya for hoping that the people can be distracted by operation "Wag the Dog." Yeah, sure will make me proud to be an American when Dubya unleashes the Arsenal of Democracy™ and slaughters a whole lot of helpless Iraqi draftees and non-combatants so that his buddys in Big Oil can take over the second largest proved oil reserves in the world.

To answer Dan's questions all I have to say is that the Republic of Ireland is looking better every day. Ol' granddad would sure be surprised to see someone in the family going back to the old country in search of employment. And I hear that it's not nearly as hard to get a permit to raise a tower over there as it is over here in the land of the fee.

2. ae9b

ae9b Guest

I have not reseached too deeply however the site http://www.twotigersonline.com/resources.html is not a US Government site. Although the information seems to concur with what's going on in the world, the audience (us) is subject to whatever the author (NOT the US Gov.) places on the site

3. AI6PU

AI6PU Ham Member QRZ Page

Lawyers are ready to sue the builders of the WTC as if the collapse was their fault. I am sure no one designs anything expecting jet planes to be hurled into them. Interesting how we are ready to eradicate builders who make these buildings, but we are not willing to eradicate the terrorists?! The "brothers and sisters" out there want to destroy my way of life. I like fast food, radios, and lots of other things, I am not ready to pray 6 times a day toward the east, ride a camel and not have TV and sports and the freedoms I (used to) take for granted!

4. N0PU

N0PU Guest

NSB:

You think you're losing freedoms now, try reading this and tell me where all this is going:

http://www.geocities.com/cursedag/crashcourse/wtc.htm

I'm not saying this is "true", just that it leaves one thinking.

And I keep thinking to myself, "Self, never forget that Hitler was ELECTED by the German people to lead them."

The attempted confiscation of Ham radio gear, making listening to specific freqs illegal, making the confiscation of things like nail clippers commonplace, the build-up of "homeland" (Fatherland?) security, and an overall willingness of the American people to give up freedoms to accomplish "security" is very scary.

I also keep remembering what Pogo said:
    "We have met the enemy, and he is US."

This may all seem far out and weird, but I just don't care for what I am seeing. Just my opinion.

Harry Kholer N0PU

5. Guest

Guest Guest

You guys saw "Wag the Dog" too?

Do you know why a dog wags its tail?

The dog is smarter than the tail.

6. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KG6NSB @ Oct. 30 2002,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lawyers are ready to sue the builders of the WTC as if the collapse was their fault.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What did you expect? This is the same country where a lady sued a McDonalds because the coffee burned her tounge. Now we have a "caution hot" warning on the side of every mcdonalds cup of coffee.

I work in tech support solving software problems - trust me - it seems like lawsuits are the solutions of idiots and stupid people who don't understand that there are limitations to everything and that nothing is perfect.

Hot coffee will burn your tounge (and anything else you expose to the substance) and every building or manufactured thing has a breaking point. Nothing will change that.

7. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ae9b @ Oct. 30 2002,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have not reseached too deeply however the site http://www.twotigersonline.com/resources.html is not a US Government site. Although the information seems to concur with what's going on in the world, the audience (us) is subject to whatever the author (NOT the US Gov.) places on the site[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What???!!! You mean someone actually *lied* about what the government is doing?!! My Gosh, what a concept!!

Reminds me of a person I met on the web (yeah, interesting place) who believed jet contrails were poison gas positioned over her house in an effort to kill her. Yes, really. She was actually afraid to go outside and go shopping for food, so only went late at night when she was sure there were no contrails up there. Yeah, right.

Any government has problems, anywhere. But these giant sinister conspiracies ... ah, well, they weren't on the FEMA web site after all, even though someone said they were. And, Dave, you didn't check, so you perpetuated the story.

The gubbermint ain't out to getcha, folks -- if it kills ya off, it has no one to pay its salary.

Now if someone could just find a web site with logic. "If I saw it on the web, it gotta be true, dude."

Back to ham radio now?[​IMG]? And not on black helicopters, either.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention. The government modified my Drake Twins so every time I turn them on (or in fact, even if I don't) they "exhale" some sort of odorless, invisible, tasteless gas that poisons me and makes me into crave lemon pie with ice cream (which is also poisoned by UFO droppings.) The liquid comes from condensed jet contrails, which are imported from Site 51 after being stirred by Men In Black. It is then teleported to my Drake, in which I can't find the modification cause it uses Stealth technology, and it works even if I unplug the radio from the wall. You can find the plans for this system on the IRS web site, but you have to have a special code word or it remains invisible. Sorry, but only us most knowledgeable (like me) can see it. It may even be on the Art Bell web site.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.