ad: MyersEng-1

Homeland Security Alert Web Banners

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG4UPX, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KG4UPX

KG4UPX Ham Member QRZ Page

While searching on Homeland Security, I found an important tool that every concerned ham should have on his/her personal website (it would also make a good additon to any ARES/RACES web page too).

In these times, a tool like this can ensure those visiting our websites are kept abreast of the current level of threat against our country and its interests abroad.

Homeland Security Knowledge Database has a banner that can be posted to any website notifying visitors of the current status of alert as it relates to Homeland Security.

73s
    Pieter Wycoff (KG4UPX)

2. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Question: does anyone really take these homeland security alerts seriously?

3. K1XS

K1XS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Like it or not, this country will always be on high alert for a terrorist attack.  There is no defense against an ambush.

I don't think we need a color code to tell use that someday, some radical group will attack the U.S. and that we need to be alert.  Its not a matter of if an attack will occur, only when.  Terrorists tend not to announce actions in advance.

While I firmly support the President on the war against terrorism, this is little more than public relations window dressing.

Now, off the soap box and back on the air.

Ken K1XS

4. W8QF

W8QF Guest

The greatest threat to our country is our own goverment.Wana know whats comming next watch what they are doing when they give the next terroist threat warning.That's how they get things past in the house is by distracting the people with BS and while your looking the other way they stick it in us.So dont worry about the threat from abroad,watch the threat at home.Home Land Security is our future Gestapo Squad.If you question that look at the civilian concentration camps being constructed by FEMA on U.S.Army bases.Dave AE8U

5. KG4UPX

Unfortunately, apathy and complacency seems to rule the day. Our government may not be perfect, but it's taking a proactive approach to a situation that deperately needs attention.

While nothing is "fool proof", I do belive that these alerts are a step in the right direction. If anything, they serve as a constant reminder about what has happened and how we should always remain vigilant in order to avoid such a calamity in the future.

Remember Paul Revere?

73s,
    Pete

6. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (davej @ Oct. 20 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The greatest threat to our country is our own goverment.Wana know whats comming next watch what they are doing when they give the next terroist threat warning.That's how they get things past in the house is by distracting the people with BS and while your looking the other way they stick it in us.So dont worry about the threat from abroad,watch the threat at home.Home Land Security is our future Gestapo Squad.If you question that look at the civilian concentration camps being constructed by FEMA on U.S.Army bases.Dave AE8U[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    How would I find these camps, David? Can I go to the FEMA website and search for "Concentration camp?" Or could I go to the Dept of Defense web sites and find them that way?

I'd like to learn more about them, how they are built, who the construction crews are, what they are costing, how many are completed and how many are still under construction? Who is financing them? Are they visible from any public roadways? Do you have the plans for them?

Or would I have to look in a so-called "Militia" newsletter?

How many ham radio stations/clubs are in them? Do any of them have active amateur radio stations? Are any of them currently on the air?

Thanks for the information.

Ed

7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

notice it did not take long for the BLAME AMERICA FIRST CROWD to crawl out of their hole....after dodging a few black helicopters i guess they check into their leader, babs streisand's (b.s. for short) web site..

two questions for you:
    1. if this is not the greatest country in the world...what is
    2. when are you moving there

dan,k3xr

8. W8QF

W8QF Guest

Dan it is the greatest country in the world.With a goverment that want's to change that very aspect of it.Ed yes the info is on FEMA's web sight,and the camps are expected to be ready by the first of the year.Dave AE8U

9. KE4MOB

KE4MOB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I'll shoot my mouth off here.

I don't think these alert levels mean a thing in the grand scheme of things.  I don't see myself saying "Oh, the threat level is red today, so I'll not leave the house."  I don't have the luxury of letting a group of fanaticals run my life--nor do I want to feel like a prisoner "in the land of the free and the home of the brave".

The best, and only, way to beat terrorists is to go about living your life like you normally would, and when they do show their faces, make them pay dearly for their fanaticism.  An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is what is required out of each of us.  To shirk away in fright from terrorism is to give the terrorists the ability to run our lives.

"Damn the torpedoes....full speed ahead!" [​IMG]

10. KD5ORW

KD5ORW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well atleast these alerts are out there, cause if one person sees and stops something. That's less people killed due to someone paying attention. I'm ex military and I had to remember a similar system. I didn't worry about it everyday, but atleast I knew what to do when things changed for the worse.

73's Scott

11. AB7RG

AB7RG Ham Member QRZ Page

On September 10th 2001 we were not on any official high level of alert. Would a
    simple color change have stopped what happened on September 11th 2001?

Please don't get me wrong, as I'm not bashing the idea, just merely posting my observation.

73 Clinton AB7RG

12. KD5KWS

KD5KWS Ham Member QRZ Page

(obligatory disclaimer: This is a message to let an opinion be aired. Don't know any of you personally.
    Hope y'all don't shun me on the Radio. This really did happen and those who are identified were there. Gravity aside now for the levity. I hope I don't get kicked out for this...)

I think you are all a bunch of terrorists. I think I shall report you all to the Homeland Security Commission. They will have no choice but to issue red alerts until you are all put where y'all belong. In jail. Why, it wasn't all that long ago, I know some of you will remember, the
    Communists tried to take over. Well, we rooted them out. And we will root every last one of you out too.

(Okay, the disclaimer was more necessity than anything else. But it doesn't sound pleasant does it? That is just
    the way it happened. "My dad said your dad is a Communist." Joe McCarthy is alive and well and living in
    someone elses head.)

13. WA8WWL

WA8WWL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been reading the threads offered hear for several months. I sometimes wanted to offer my opinion but there were so many responses that I felt my response would be watered down too much. In this particular case I feel so strongly about this subject I must offer my opinion.
    I aggree with the gentlemens opinion concerning the threat that our own federal government poses. I am 50 years old and I have personally witnessed the president and his staff and often times his wife use the media to distract the public from very serious actions that are being taken by the president and the congress that effect the future of the middle class in this country. Does anybody remember Iran-Contra(I know president Reagan doesn't remember).
    My personal feeling is that the federal government represents the most serious threat to the human race that has ever existed. But there is even a more serious problem: the segment of the public that aggrees with the authorities. Here on this thread one person offers there opinion and a half dozen people instantly criticized him.
    The current crowd of politicians had nothing to do with the way our system was set up and they have no right to take credit for even its' continued prosperity.
    This country is great because our forfathers were geniuses. It took years to hammer out the framework of our system and the dedication of a lot of intelligent individuals that had a common belief that a well designed system would maintain itself and not be dependent on a select few. And so it has maintained because individuals have the liberties set in writing and the ability to profit from there own energies. Not because of the benevolence of a few government employees.
    If these comments seem a little philosophical let me
    give a real example. I own and shoot guns and own and fly an airplane. Both of these liberties are in jepardy because some people in the federal government believe that these activities give bad people to much oppurtunity for abuse. I say that is phsycobabble.
    I could go on and on but let me end this by stating in no uncertain terms that I am prepared to die before I let a buraeucrat take away my liberties. But more importantly I say to those members of the public that believe in what the feds are doing to "protect us", that if they think they are going to get more security at the cost of liberty then according to president Jefferson they will have neither. In other words don't anybody even think of giving away my liberties one of which happens to be the ability to openly criticize our institutions.
    Sorry about climbing up on such a high horse but after all it is every Americans right.

73 and I also believe in everbody elses right to dissaggree.

14. KG4UPX

My last two cents (no, really).

I believe that the alert system functions on the premise of, "an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure." No color alone is going to stop any kind of attack, but an informed public can make all the difference in the world.

It has been proven many times again, that if the public is informed, they then provide a significant extension of resources available to law enforcement officials. I know this may sound like a cliche, but together we can make a difference!

73s to all
    and best wishes in the coming holidays!

15. KF6NFW

KF6NFW Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear nearly daily " I love my country, I just dont trust my government", if this is the case y is everybody bitching instead of taking back our control. the government is: for the people, by the people. Not for the pocketbook, by the pocketbook. when all of the morons of the USA r done complaining about the governments actions, i ask them all to consider their own actions. did u vote? if not y ? if u did then maybe u r the ones we should truly fear as the voice of our government. y would u elect for somebody to pry into your life or mine. you want privacy and control, dont vote for helmet laws, or more seatbelt laws, or how about taking responcability for your actions and pay your bills so I dont have to support the welfare system.when you decide to get off of your butt, and make a valid chose that you dont have to hide behind the curtain when voting, because you actualy believe in somebody then we can discuss how the way the world should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.