ad: Schulman-1

Happy Birthday QRZ: We're 30!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Apr 24, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N9WFT

N9WFT Ham Member QRZ Page

. Leo, Your POSITIVE comments are outstanding! As A Man Thinks, So He Is.....We need more people like you

TA1TRJ likes this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

30 years? My, how time has flown. Happy anniversary qrz.

I have never had a day in ham radio that qrz didn't exist, so I suppose that makes me a noob. What I hadn't realized before this award was just how many of my log entries actually qualified.

Thanks for the new award. Still working on the others :)

TA1TRJ likes this.
  3. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish you could choose Mobile or portable when you are operating from a different state than your home state. (PLEASE add this option).

Thanks,
    Chuck, W2CSI,
    http://hhhnet.net

TA1TRJ likes this.
  4. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use to buy the QRZ cd roms in the early 90s before the internet,> had all kinds of good info and shareware. So now I subscribe and love the logbook online. It's fun collecting the awards.
    congrats on the 30 years This year makes me a ham for 32 years

TA1TRJ, K6FRJ, KF7WIS and 2 others like this.
  5. KH6DC

KH6DC Ham Member QRZ Page

Happy Birthday QRZ indeed. From QRZ and Buckmaster CDs to this awesome website. Happy 30th Birthday.

TA1TRJ likes this.
  6. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So do we, Chuck! This is something we're going to try very hard to include in our next version of logbook.

Jaime

TA1TRJ likes this.
  7. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We're just havin' fun here. But I promise, we've got plenty more awards on the horizon...

Jaime

TA1TRJ, N9WFT and W7UUU like this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

:) :)

TA1TRJ likes this.
  9. K1IO

K1IO Ham Member QRZ Page

I just pulled my March, 1993 QRZ CD-ROM off the shelf. It is still of course readable. But Windows 10 no longer has a compatible DOS box, so the software doesn't run. But the US callbook data is there, and there's even (in the UNIX directory) a .h file with its scheme. The only thing I don't get is how dates are represented, as they're just integers. In those days the public FCC file included birthdates. Maybe one of the free DOS VMs will play it.

The old disk brings back memories of the days when the Internet was not quite public (I had access through work, going back to the 1970s) and the fun stuff was on a few FTP sites like SIMTEL.

Keep up the good work!

TA1TRJ likes this.
  10. F8BDX

F8BDX Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not have Master of Radio Communication - Oceania, and United States Award
    (Alaska, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Utha, Wyoming. :( :mad:

TA1TRJ likes this.
  11. ZS6OMT

ZS6OMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good day.... I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU very much for my QRZ/30 certificate which I received ! I feel very proud as I did not expect it .... I just enjoy my CW whenever it's possible ! Thank you, QRZ ! Kind regards and best wishes from "down south .... in South Africa" Tom ZS6OMT

TA1TRJ, N9WFT and W4AXW like this.
  12. LU4DIS

LU4DIS Ham Member QRZ Page

Muy bueno lo del premio, felicitaciones por los 30 aƱos

TA1TRJ and W6XXX like this.
  13. R2DZZ

R2DZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello. Is it possible to buy diplomas? Why can't I just download and print them myself?! Or this site is commercial.

TA1TRJ likes this.
  14. KC6WOG

KC6WOG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I used Quarterdeck Desqview for multitasking on my humble 386 MS-DOS machine. I could instantly switch between PC-Pakratt for RTTY and AMTOR, my logger (which would read the CD callbook) and a DX cluster program.

[​IMG]

TA1TRJ, W6XXX and W7UUU like this.
  15. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

That's pretty cool! I never had a program like that back then. Of course, you didn't just "Google it and download" either :)

Dave
    W7UUU

TA1TRJ likes this.