HamClock How To From a Linux Admin

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Jul 21, 2021 at 1:24 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KM9G

KM9G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We'll get hamclock installed and there are also some other hidden gems in this one if you watch closely. Designed to be thorough, commands in the description and always able to rewind and see it again. Hope it helps out!

VE4DLA, N1EN, WU6R and 15 others like this.
  2. N1IPU

N1IPU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KM4ACK has had this in video for a couple of years now plus added versions. I used his vids and yes Hamclock is good. ACK is very solid in giving the dope on it,

N4CAX, AG4KN, MW1CFN and 1 other person like this.
  3. KF5ONT

KF5ONT Ham Member QRZ Page

Love this app. Truly usable raspberry pi project that I keep on all the time. The commands to make it come up when plugged in is very useful!

I put this on my club email list as sharing this clever app, and the only reply i got was someone saying that "if you dont want to do any of the IT stuff you can buy it from XXX", and it was hundreds of dollars to buy.... I was so disappointed in my club. lol. absolute facepalm

MW1CFN, M1WML, KC7ZXY and 1 other person like this.
  4. W6EBD

W6EBD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome video, exactly the upcoming project I intend to build once I get all of the parts. I think what sets this video apart from others is that it specifically addresses a specific single use setup for just doing ham clock. Excellently done.

M1WML, KM9G and KC7ZXY like this.
  5. NA8Y

NA8Y Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very timely post. Thank you. I have all the parts I need for this already but zero time to do the research! Posting so I can easily find it easily when snow flies here in Cleveland.

Nice!

M1WML and KM9G like this.
  6. W3QJ

W3QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job Steve, I am old Unix guy converting to linix, love it great stuff. How can you install on a Ubuntu existing system. Should be fairly simple without full takeover. I have to go to banking and QRZ on my Ubuntu system.
    thanks 73, Bob W3QJ

M1WML likes this.
  7. WB8LBZ

WB8LBZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well it worked, once. Left it running overnight and it sure was pretty. Had to restart the computer and now its gone. Anything I type in the command prompt it seams like the computer has amnesia.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

8. W1MDM

W1MDM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9. N6DZK

N6DZK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for this! Just built it last night with a pi 2 I had laying around and a spare monitor. Works a treat. Will update to a 3 or 4 to make things a little zippier, but the 2 is getting it done at the moment.

10. NK0V

NK0V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have this and the Geochron. Both will always have a monitor in my shack. Love them both.