ad: HamHats-1

Ham Radio Smartphone DMR RFinder M1 VHF/UHF

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Feb 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like APRIL FOOLS CAME EARLY

2. KC9TUS

KC9TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K4OIB

K4OIB Ham Member QRZ Page

The article says it is a smartphone with DMR so yes you can make calls on a smartphone.

4. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think there's one yet, but I got the CAT S60 phone last Saturday and it can take dual SIMs as well as a micro SD card. As a bonus it has an IR camera and it's not filled with bloatware that can't be removed.

5. N3YKF

N3YKF QRZ Member QRZ Page

These look nice. Will be in Binghamton, NY in two months. Is there a trade show in NY/NJ/PA you'll be attending. Just want to experience it before dropping the $$$.
    Norm

6. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So what is used more VHF or UHF DMR?

7. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Will the cell still work when transmitting on the ham frequencies?

8. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I already have echolink on my Samsung phone.

9. KC3IRE

KC3IRE Ham Member QRZ Page

im sorry but cellphones should never be a radio too. i understand the pros and cons but isnt taking away from what radios should be. if i wanted something to do online ill go to my computers.. ya some features are good but what if something happens to the cellphone well there goes your handheld too. top of all that you are a easier target to get hacked and when something screws up no more radio too.. this isnt a radio to me far from it..

10. NI4Y

NI4Y Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I travel for work so having the phone, radio, in one is an advantage for me. Like a Swiss Army knife I need more than one blade in my knife. One deal breaker is it must work on Verizon as they give a big discount to my company. So keep working on the acceptance from VZW.

VK3XEM likes this.
  11. VK3XEM

VK3XEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the UHF M1 on pre 0rder and looking forward to getting it in the near futrue.