Ham Radio Smartphone DMR RFinder M1 VHF/UHF

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Feb 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W5KUB

W5KUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Tues night live on Amateur Radio Roundtable we will have Bob Greenberg W2CYK the chief cook and bottle washer of RFinder to discuss all of this.
    you can watch the show at w5kub.com Tues Feb 28 at 8:00 PM central time. our show is also simulcast on shortwave station WBCQ on 5130 Khz. We will also be giving away 2 subscriptions to RFinder to lucky viewers.

2. WB4YQS

WB4YQS Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting, unfortunately just purchased IPhone 7s and CD75o. Oh well!

3. SA4ATH

SA4ATH Ham Member QRZ Page

yes, I have see some vhf cellphone combo but I like one without touch screen.

just a tough phone : )

4. KE5UBO

KE5UBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Except of course if you drop it ducky side down!

N9TD likes this.
  5. N9TD

N9TD Ham Member QRZ Page

I would also like to see a dual-bander 2m/440... of course, as soon as I saw that, I would be wanting 6m and 220. My reasoning is simple, really. Each of the bands get used, but I only need one phone, and more importantly, I only need to be paying a major carrier for one line of service. Great job on putting the concepts together!

6. W0IW

W0IW Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like APRIL FOOLS CAME EARLY

7. KC9TUS

KC9TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K4OIB

K4OIB Ham Member QRZ Page

The article says it is a smartphone with DMR so yes you can make calls on a smartphone.

9. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think there's one yet, but I got the CAT S60 phone last Saturday and it can take dual SIMs as well as a micro SD card. As a bonus it has an IR camera and it's not filled with bloatware that can't be removed.

10. N3YKF

N3YKF QRZ Member QRZ Page

These look nice. Will be in Binghamton, NY in two months. Is there a trade show in NY/NJ/PA you'll be attending. Just want to experience it before dropping the $$$.
    Norm