ad: CQMM-1

H.R. 555 Reply from Senator Mazie K. Hirono in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6OWL, Feb 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

This thread belongs in "The Sewer", not in Amateur Radio News.

It really negatively reflects on the entire amateur radio community when everyone posting on the entire first page of a thread doesn't even know that this U.S. Senator is a lady, not a man.

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Humorist Norm Crosby would call that "jumping to contusions". :p:rolleyes:

W4KJG likes this.
  3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

That should be Lady and Gentleman or Woman and Man:rolleyes: Try and get it straight next time you go into whine mode.

Ths can also be moved to the Political forum if the OP desires by sending a "Conversation" to K6BBC

4. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Here are actions on the bill as it moves through Congress.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/555/all-actions?overview=closed#tabs

Regardless of your "domocile" or your whether you are a D or an R or an I, send a well thought-out message to each member Senator of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, asking them to vote yes on H.R.555 without changes.

Here are the members:

https://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/committeemembers

For example for the Chairman:

https://www.thune.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact

Phil

N5PZJ likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Telling someone 'what to do' is , IMO, a standard activist approach. Sorry Phil, I do like to think for myself.

For example, HR555 has 'additional requirements' that ALL RADIO AMATEURS IN THE UNITED STATES that are party to ANY AND ALL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS seek approval from said CA's for installation of outdoor antennas. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THOSE CA's are normally tasked with antenna issues:

ALL SAID CA's WILL NOW BE 'GATES' on installation of amateur radio antennas.

GOTTA CA agreement on roads, roadkill, plowing, and fencing? Well, they are NOW REQUIRED, by this wording in HR555 to be 'antenna vetters'.

So, Phil, is that what you had in mind: " asking them to vote yes on H.R.555 without changes."

Pray tell us, Phil, why we should just 'do' rather than THINK AND FIX.

6. AC0OB

No Nate, that was not my intention and it was not worded as I intended. :(

The inference was to say: "If you have opinions on this issue, here are the contacts in which to send those opinions," and I should have stated it that way. So here is the corrected suggestion.

"Regardless of your "domocile" or your whether you are a D or an R or an I, send a well thought-out message to each member Senator of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, voicing your opinion on the matter."

People were commenting and complaining about this facet or that, so I took the time to reference the committee in which the Bill is currently residing and saying, "Here are the contacts so make your opinions known."

If you support it as is written, then you ask for passage without markup.

If you have issues with Bill as written, suggest changes in the wording of the Bill before it is passed.

I intend to ask for changes as well.

So no, I do not intend to be a sheeple nor do I expect other people to be sheeples'.

Regards,

Phil

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No 'Nate' here.

8. AC0OB

Okay, my name is Phillip, and many call me Phil which is a concatenation of my name, so people can address me either way. I don't get offend by the use of either name.

I have three friends, one of them a ham, and one grandson, who are all named Nathan and go by Nate.

What name do you prefer here on QRZ?

Phil

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

BIO pages exist for a reason.

10. AC0OB

You didn't answer my question and nothing on your BIO page states as to how you want to be addressed on the Zed.

I asked an honest, sincere question and deserve a straight answer.

Phil

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"You didn't answer my question and nothing on your BIO page states as to how you want to be addressed on the Zed."

Uhhhhhh...

The answer is in the the huge obvious, first line on the bio page.

Ask someone to read it to you. It sez....( for the last 15 years)....

12. AC0OB

Ok, thank you so much for a flippant answer to a simple question.

Phil

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You are welcome: spin the knob and make up someone else's name. Not mine.

IMO you are choosing to be disrespectful.

If you don't have sufficient respect to call someone by the name so chosen, then find someone who has no self respect.

Not me.

14. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

When someone (with QRZ open) reads my name to me on the air, I sometimes come back with a random name such as Biff, Bill, Bob, Brad, Buford, etc. I should start using names beginning with C. Chip sounds good, dontcha think? ;)

AC0OB likes this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"Call me Ishmael..."

Queeqeeg?

[​IMG]

Or....

[​IMG]

Best not to make up people's names....