Gordon Read, W4YIH; WW2 Pearl Harbor Veteran

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4RJR, Nov 15, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4AUT

W4AUT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Larry. I knew and "OLE BUBBLHEAD" like you would comment on this forum. What a life this "SPARKS" has lived!! A true legend for all Generations!!
    73's Steve

K1LKP likes this.
  2. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

What a wonderful story. I'm off the air right now until I can get the PA of my old rig repaired.

I wasn't a boat sailor during my 6 years in the Navy during Viet Nam, but I worked out of a submarine group. They made a lot of friendly fun of my "skimmer" and "target" group.

I hope I can work him.

Thank you for posting.

Ken
    USN 1969-1975
    W4KJG

3. W5VQ

W5VQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

God Bless Gordon Read, and all of the Greatest Generation! My Dad was in the Army Air Corp in WWII, China, India, Burma P-38 Lightning's.
    If I even thought I was half the man my Dad was I'd be a giant among men today.

KE0GXN, WN1MB, K5EFJ and 2 others like this.
  4. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

@W1IZZ

W4AUT likes this.
  5. W4AUT

I suggest that we (Navy Radioman), active or retired, appoint Gordon as R.M.I.C. of QRZ Navy Radio Gang!

K1LKP likes this.
  6. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I may have to rush and get an antenna up here at this QTH soon just so I can work him.

7. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

YES.........YES......... SOUNDS LIKE A SUPER IDEA.......

PRAISE THE LORD FOR OLE TIMERS LIKE GORDON.

73 - K1LKP

W4AUT likes this.
  8. W4AUT

I hope Radioman Gordon has a chance to Read all the POST on this forum. I bet he has a lot of Davy Jones Sea Stories stuffed in his Seabag!! In the Navy, Sailor's
    would brag about being "Salty" to other "Sand Peeps" (A bird that lands on the
    shore and runs from the waves when surf hits) Gordon has earned the cherished
    title of "OLE SALT" coveted by all Navy Sailors!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    K1LKP likes this.
  9. W1BMG

W1BMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Fantastic gentleman, one of the greatest generation. It was men like Gordon that saved our country for us to enjoy today. God Bless him and all the others like him who rolled up their sleeves and did what had to be done. It's an honor to be able to talk with him on the Submariner Veterans Net almost daily. SVARA Net 14.343 mhz.

W1BMG

KE0GXN, WN1MB and W4AUT like this.
  10. AD3C

AD3C Ham Member QRZ Page

God Bless Gordon and all of our Veterans.

KE0GXN likes this.