Free Digital Mode Android App

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB3FXI, Sep 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Amazon store also has apps.

Don't all "phablets" have a microphone?

Maybe not a microphone jack?

Mine work thru the mini-USB to USB dongle to a USB headset, or use a Bluetooth headset.

2. KD5OUG

KD5OUG Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KD5OUG

KD5OUG Ham Member QRZ Page

The Bluetooth capability of phone and tablets adds to the utility of AndFlmsg. I was testing with the Beta versions of AndFlmsg.

1. I was able to use Bluetooth to transfer the .APK file to another ham's cellphone and get him operational to receive messages in 10 minutes - no internet needed. Pair the phones then use a file manager (I like File Expert HD) to locate the .APK file on your device and Send that file to the other user. Help him install the app and change the Callsign. Make sure the Rx RsID and Tx RsID is checked. Be sure to show how to Exit the program.

2. I don't have a Bluetooth headset or radio but I was able to Send a digital file via Bluetooth across the room to my laptop. I used the Share function in AndFlmsg.

Doug KD5OUG

4. VA3ROM

VA3ROM Ham Member QRZ Page

No FSQ at this time.

FSQ is fairly new and the Fldigi team is still fine-tuning it with big-brother Fldigi which supports the mode plus adds more NB-SSTV formats.

You can still send images using MFSK as per Fldigi. The Wolphi Android Smartphone Interface works well for transceived and Wolph has published the microphone receive circuit on his website so anyone can roll their own.

Robert, VA3ROM

www.va3rom.com

PS
    AndFlmsg has been out for quite a while (been using it all year) so I'm surprised that this is the first post about it on QRZ! It's an awesome app and it's free! Plus you have a plethora of other apps from Wolph like DroidSSTV, DroidPSK, and so on. Just too much fun for all things digital!

http://www.wolphi.com/

KB3FXI likes this.
  5. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll have to try this. As for cheap tablet, I bought a 7" RCA at Wall Mart for $45. It runs Android V5.

6. W4CKA

W4CKA Ham Member QRZ Page

BTW, I saw this news and thought I'd chime in. I also use wolphilink. I use it at my base station, and when I travel, I can grab it and go. VERY VERY useful little device.

7. KF1P

KF1P Ham Member QRZ Page

This works GREAT with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and my Samsung (older) Note 10.1.
    This apk will simplify the "Go-Box" and make it not necessary to use a Laptop.
    I sent myself several Radiograms using this.
    A Dummy Load kept it off the air for the test.

Thank You ! ! :) de KF1P Bob

8. KC7NOA

KC7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like the FTP has reached its maximum download quota .... cant downloads it right now

9. K2HES

K2HES Ham Member QRZ Page

What am I missing? I clicked on the link in the QRZ announcement and get the root directoryof VK2ETA . Nothing happens when I click on the zip file to download it.

10. AA9SD

AA9SD Ham Member QRZ Page

Try right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save Link" or the equivalent for your browser.