ad: Mountaingoat-1

Florida Repeater Council members reject corruption.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9CR, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is only a news report. QRZ is not a court of Law. Its not up to the posters to follow any legal procedures. Its just news info.
    The ultimate settlement will be between lawyers and the Florida courts. Maybe the FCC will get involved, because Florida can have only 1 repeater coordinator. Its not up to anyones opinion on QRZ.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Why post allegations?

Who needs to see that?

Why call allegations 'news'?

It is all our responsibilty not to destroy others reputations.., check the radio amateurs code.

WU8Y likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Again, what should have remained an issue of control has been presented as one that attacks the reputation of those who were replaced.

WU8Y likes this.
  4. KF4KUL

KF4KUL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, for once, they dismissed the members. By Florida law, a member based corporation, needs members, you just can't vote them out ...
    This is not a corporation, it is a dictatorship

5. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thats up to the site moderators to enforce.

Should it have been worded differently, yes, but it was not.

The final result will probably be decided buy the Florida legal system, not by QRZ members.

KF4KUL likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That's obvious Barry.

Unfortunately, by disseminating these allegations widely, the exposure to those who wrote and disseminated it is, in my opinion, high.

You still need to accept the issue Barry: we cannot make allegations post as 'amateur radio news' in any forum. It creates an atmosphere of non-civility and goes against we we are. And it ruins the reputation of those accused. For those folks affected in the OP, I, again, am of the opinion that the have a case for defamation, which can result, again my opinion, in a large penalty against the defendants.

Removing the directors is totally removed from the allegations, which in the absence of facts to back it up, consititutes, IMO, defamation.

QRZed aint the issue. Responsible action is the issue.

Chip W1YW

7. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't live in Florida so you wouldn't know about the impossibility of getting a repeater coordinated, and you probably wouldn't care, up there in Massachusetts. Look at their database for repeaters. The Broward Amateur radio club was uncoordinated for as long as I have been licensed (2000). Recently, it appeared on the coordination list after all of the ruckus on the internet. Same thing with the Dade Radio Club. They have a D Star repeater on a frequency that the FRC decided to give to someone else after the DRC repeatedly attempted to get coordinated. Jamming ensued and the DRC repeater was forced of the frequency. The other repeater was in a guy's house with a J Pole on his roof! Eventually he gave up and went off the air. After the internet ruckus, lo and behold, W4NVU is coordinated! Surprise surprise. Look how the roaches run when the light hits them. The Florida Dept of Transportation wanted to set up amateur repeaters along their right-of-way. THEY couldn't get coordinated. The guy running that program (sarnetfl.com) was practically in tears at the Everglades Radio club meeting talking about the frustration of dealing with these scoundrels.
    I got so disgusted with repeater politics that I decided stick to HF only. Just be glad you don't live down here
    AF4RK

AI7PM likes this.
  8. KC5KBN

KC5KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

My God, you have crapped on this thread from the beginning, like you have a vested interest or something. Just let it go, good grief. We all not that lots of volunteer groups like to let it go to their head, this isn't new, it's not front page news. Nothing about this is unbelievable except to someone that's just looking to cause issues. I'm starting to think you're Burt's alter ego

KC4YDY likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Through the OP , what was pethaps intended as a news item on a change of management and oversight, has produced , IMO, one of ham radios darkest moments with defamation of many individuals.

I was a resident of Fl for 20 years. Thanks for the presumptuous assumption.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So now the attack goes on me...unbeleivable.

11. KC5KBN

Nah, it's really not unbelievable after the way you have attempted to hijack and derail this thread like you have some kind of agenda. And, if you think that was an "attack" you really should get out more

KC4YDY and K5XS like this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

More attacks...

13. KC5KBN

:rolleyes:

K5XS likes this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"FRC MEMBERS REJECT CORRUPTION".

Here is a standard definition of "corruption" in the legal sense:

"Corruption in the legal context refers to a wrongful design to acquire or cause some pecuniary or other advantage. "

What is the "corruption" that the Florida Repeater Council "rejected"?

It would seem the actual piece does not refer to "corruption", but the removal of the extant board, as an act to counter this alleged "corruption".

On what factual basis have the previous board members--implication ALL the previous board members--manifest "corruption"?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  15. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

Now if SCRRBA and the SoCal 440 band could be reworked, the ham world would be perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.