Florida Repeater Council members reject corruption.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9CR, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess you cant read either. Read the post, he states the facts. Are you one of the past Board Members perhaps?

KF4KUL and KD4QHG like this.
  2. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Agree with that. Here in my area they are dead most of the time. Some that are set up on my radio scan have never made a sound that I have heard. That said, if some club wants a repeater, then thats there right.

KD4QHG likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have. Go read them.

The OP is, IMO, defamatory and provides no factual information for the horrendous accusations so made. Can you explain why that is not an issue?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    WU8Y likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No facts stated. Only allegations. Facts are the evidentiary requirements here.

Please explain why there will be no defamation suit on this. I'd really like to know.

WU8Y likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You are welcome to specifically quote and point out such circumstances. Do so.

I won't answer your inane question. The former board members are so named. L-O-O-K.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"The background of mismanagement by the former board extends over the past decade. Over the past three year members have questioned the board of directors and made formal requests for information from the FRC. Each request for information was met with contempt and even reported to law enforcement as a means to intimidate the membership."

Here is a perfect example of this apparent defamation: heinous allegations without any facts presented to support them:

--PROVIDE evidence for this mismanagement "over the past decade";
    --SHOW that "EACH request was met "with contempt".
    - SHOW that reporting to law enforcement was done with "intent to intimidate".

THAT is the problem with this 'news item'. No facts. Just a set of assertions. And a horrible allegation set of defamation, IMO.

Shame!

Are people scared to PRESENT the facts? If you feel like slinging allegations, here, then by all means, hit us with FACTS.

Here.

WU8Y and KB4FXC like this.
  7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Clearly there's been an ongoing p***ing contest between the OP and the FRC. Not clear what started it. But it's gone too far at this point to salvage anything.

Regardless, the FRC make a critical mistake with their Feb 2017 Bylaws amendments, by declaring that there would be no members, without going through their own procedures properly. That is in direct conflict with their Articles of Incorporation, and the Articles of Incorporation always take precedence. Basically they did things backwards. Assuming what they were after was to fix their organizing documents to prevent malcontents from destroying the organization, they should have first passed a Bylaw amendment removing voting rights of the "Members" (their AOI allows the Directors to do that), then revised the Articles of Incorporation to eliminate "members", THEN make the Bylaw changes they made. My guess is that nobody on the FRC really understood precedence of Articles of Incorporation over Bylaws. Maybe had simply forgotten that they had Articles of Incorporation. I've seen other loose-knit non-profit organizations make the same mistake.

What would be very useful in understanding what's going on, would be to see what the Bylaws were BEFORE the recent change.

On the other hand, it's not clear by what authority either in the old or new Bylaws or the Articles of Incorporation, or under Florida law, the OP could execute a coup, remove the incumbent Board of Directors and vote themselves in as a new Board under these circumstances. The "emergency meeting" was clearly a set-up to stage a coup, and the FRC Directors who showed up took the bait without thinking it through, and then lost control of the situation.

At worse, the Bylaw changes voted on in Feb simply should have been declared void, and then they'd have to start over and follow procedures..

At this point I think the organization has been effectively destroyed unless the FRC has a decent lawyer.

8. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And apparently they do NOT have that authority. There is a section of the Florida statutes that deals specifically with removal of Directors of corporations. Nothing in that section supports this type of coup.

9. N4QX

N4QX Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a treatise in how *not* to effect change in a frequency coordination body, regardless of whether said body needs changing or not.

I'm also reasonably sure W4RH doesn't need this grief and will happily find something better to do if he likes.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

W4RH has been nothing but a force of good for ham radio and its outrageous to see him targeted this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.