ad: Radclub22-1

First Field Day experience!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KZ7ZUL, Jun 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KZ7ZUL

KZ7ZUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello fellow hammers!
    Not only was Field day (from home for me) my first, but also - my first ever to use my newly installed end-fed multi-band antenna! Wow was I impressed once I got it installed. It took a lot of work in the hot sun up there on the roof but luckily all worked out well for the most part. I had no idea that the waterfall (I mostly do digital) was going to be so busy for field day! :)
    Anyway, I wasn't able to stay up all night because of how tired I was working on getting that antenna up, so I only got a few QSO's Sat night, and then a few more on Sun morning before I had to leave for out of town. It was great! For those of you on Facebook in the group called 'Amateur (Ham) Radio' I've posted a few pictures of the antenna raising experience on there. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get more contacts.

Oh - I was very pleased with the performance those two days with the end-fed line (over the G5Rv Jr. I have installed in the attic). No neighbors have complained about it (our CC&R's don't allow any external antennas), so I'm happy with that.

Oh, finally - one last thing. I was using the N1MM logger for the contest. So - my question is, do people export a file from that - and load it into their regular ham log file (in HRD is what I use for the most part)? I was just curious? That way you could upload all the QSO's on eQSL and LoTW (I assume).

Wes
    KZ7ZUL