ad: elecraft

FILE COMMENTS WHERE THEY COUNT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA3VJB, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was just talking about checking it out rather than taking someone's word. Kinda like looking up the truth on some of those urban legend emails that run around. :eek:)

Actually, arrl.org is a pretty well-designed website in my opinion. I go there often to find out what is really going on.

I think HF is a lot less boring than any website. I'll be glad when ol' Sol gets through with this down cycle. Good openings happen, but some nights it's hardly worth the 3 cents of electricity to run it! >sigh<

2. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be glad when ol' Sol gets through with this down cycle.  Good openings happen, but some nights it's hardly worth the 3 cents of electricity to run it!

Amen. I just spent 3 hours listening to my friend who's on vacation over in Hawaii on 20 meters. Took an ESP filter to tell he was there most of time, and he never got even close to loud enuff to talk to.

Maybe that's what is killing ham radio. No sunspots. Let's petition the FCC for more sunspots, maybe that'll work.

73, Jim KH2D

3. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

to bad WY2U you wasted all that time explaining some thing about code that has not one purpose of keeping it.

LET IT GO join the new world its not needed hang it up dump your key.

WOW a new T- shirt I will make and wear at all future HAMFEST.

"DUMP YOUR KEY" [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. W1LWT

You poor blinded soles WY2U N8IQ,K4WKU It seems you selfishness has burnt your brain your now HAM at heart .You lost your good soles you dont remember the CODE of a HAM is elmering and shareing the Hobby/service and helping new ones to join .Your blindness and crudeness is meaning less to the new Future Hams.Im ashamed of the shortminded you are You have truely forgotten what Ham radio is all about.

Wake up do you think this crap is going to help new ones to join when they skim threw the Web no some dont join because of this idoitic thinking.
    Come on its a MODE and thats it . Go cry about gas prices instead.

[​IMG] [​IMG] :blush: :rock: [​IMG]

5. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW a new T- shirt I will make and wear at all future HAMFEST.  

"DUMP YOUR KEY"

That's a great idea! Here's a few other t-shirts you could make....

For the Old Guys, one that says:

"DIT DAH"

and for the New Guys, one that says:

"DUH DUH"

It's gonna be a long night. I'm so bored now I'm making avatars....

73, Jim KH2D

6. KD5SCF

KD5SCF Ham Member QRZ Page

I really hate to single out a post, but this was the last I read, and after so many other posts with errors, I had to reply.

KH2D was correct about literacy.

The above post was corrected, for OUR viewing pleasure.

1. Punctuate

2. Check your spelling

3. WY2U, N8IQ,and K4WKU, this re-post used your callsigns, but is in no way referenced as an opinion of mine.

4. Use the following tools, before posting your thoughts to the FCC, or anyone you may deem important enough to post your comments to.

There is a dictionary at Dictionary.com

There is an online spell check at Spellink.

Please use them before you post. It will make it much more pleasant for all of us to read. Newcomers and oldtimers alike!

7. KI6ADA

KI6ADA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I made my comments to FCC, I am a new Ham with prior electronic experience and by the way built my first Heathkit over 25 years ago.
    I am having fun right now learning code and transmitting my signal to the ISS repeater.
    How many Advanced Class and Extra Class operators are not admitting to their friends the fun they are having right now on VHF?
    I hear allot of 2x2 on the downlink.
    Come on lets continue to enjoy the Service of Ham Radio. I came in to learn about Amateur Radio. I have lots of creative pictures I want to use on SSTV(good family). I also want to get involved with emergency communications. Ok, you are probably thinking this guy will never appreciate the requirerments to get below 30mhz. I am interested but let me enjoy it after I pass my General Class exam. I have only good things to say about the forums on QRZ, thank goodness we live in America. [​IMG]

8. N3ZQT

N3ZQT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the help!

9. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought I recognized that call!

ARLHS# 193

10. AA5GO

AA5GO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a bad idea. Morse code is the best mode for getting threw. You have heard over 3000 posts of arguements. Some silly, some stupid , and some that make sense. Nothing ever improves by dumbing it down. Scrap this idea and leave the code alone before ham radio is just a big cb band that you know the fcc can't police well enough. quantity never should superseed quality!

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We are not here to manage the donuts for the Red Cross.

We are here as a comms backup as needed.

Accept the responsibility. Learn from the seasoned ops.

12. W1LWT

Sorry your wrong we all have a right in the country.In some and in the past some or not given that right in the world.So you might want to realize in this country there is a freedom of right of CHOICE..Do you want to BE a radio operator or not. If do ,you follow the rules But still CW has no barring on any ones operating skills IT IS JUST A MODE.

13. W1LWT

Nope wrong thinking AA5GO.

Its not dumbing down .And the airwaves will not change but more real people with a choice of being a operator will have a real chance on adding to the wealth of HAM radio and not letting it stale mate as it has . The comment about CB'ers on well Go to your 75 meters at any time and any given day and you will here the General and Extra cber's that where they hang out at.They break all the rules and you think being a person with CW ticket to getting there.Come on wake up and smell the roses.The better HAM is out thereas a techintion not the crap some of you hide up there. CW is only a MODE. IDiots are everywhere. clean up your back yard before trying to trash the neighbors. YES go listen to the intelligent ones DER go to 75 METERS.

14. W0LC

W0LC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He we go again. And the post was where to file comments. How did this get so off track I wonder?

15. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Hey Steve, that USA 193 is a pretty one !
    Are you all set?
    What kind of set up will you have, and did you get a special event call?

Hope to work you from TPL.

We are aiming to be on the air Friday afternoon.

Paul/VJB
    K3L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.