ad: Radclub22-1

FILE COMMENTS WHERE THEY COUNT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA3VJB, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've filed mine: 200581855231. Probably upsetting both sides, but it's what I recommend based on experience.

2. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Meow,

This isn't another boring code/no code debate, it's a CAT FIGHT! Ten years ago I saw the code requirement being dropped and the start of all the squabbling, lame excuses on BOTH sides, etc. and have been rightly entertained. Now that it has finally come to pass I'm entreated to what I hope is the last gasp of a dying issue.

We have better things to do than squabble over petty non-issues don't we, or are you just entertaining yourselves? I'm no longer entertained so count me out since I filed my comment and have done with it.

No fool, I'm quite literate, brief and to the point, thank you. (;->)

3. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet, "by the ears".
    Who's going?
    Party time!

4. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

KE5BGE: By the way, its not the code that discourages people from getting on HF.

I thought the main reason for getting rid of Morse code testing was because it was keeping people off HF. If it's not, then please let us in on what IS keeping people off.

Equipment too expensive?

Antenna restrictions?

What's the problem if it's not Morse code? Lots of people have been looking for a "solution" for a number of years; if you have one I'm sure they are more than willing to listen.

We tried the Novice Enhancement, that didn't work.

We tried the no code Tech license, that didn't work.

We tried medical waivers, that didn't work.

We tried reducing code testing to 5 WPM, that didn't work.

We tried license restructuring, that didn't work.

So if you know the secret, we'd all love to hear it.

73, Jim KH2D

5. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned QRZ Page

According to the ARRL web site the FCC has not started taking responses to the rule change in response to CW. So, just slow down, get off your high horse, step back and take a deep breath.

And to the author of this thread, stop trying to stir the pot and cause trouble.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello Girls,
    get in touch with the real world,
    XXX from Sunny Shropshire.
    ( Where men are men , and sheep run very quickly )

7. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

KG4KWW: According to the ARRL web site the FCC has not started taking responses to the rule change in response to CW. So, just slow down, get off your high horse, step back and take a deep breath.

Never believe the ARRL, that'll always get you in trouble.

Here's a link to 260+ comments the FCC "has not taken yet". Seems like if they weren't taking them, they wouldn't be storing them on the FCC web site.

LINK

73, Jim KH2D

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Heh heh!

9. K4JF

Wrong. Simply wrong. The ARRL web site story said the FCC would start taking comments once the NPRM is published (it was written before the publishing). It has and they are - exactly as the ARRL said.

10. K4JF

Simply not the case, Jim. See my previous post. Suggest you read the website yourself rather than taking someone else's word. That's what I do and it saves a lot of grief.
    73 de Jim K4JF

(Never believe an anti-ARRL person without checking it out yourself.)

11. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Suggest you read the website yourself rather than taking someone else's word.

Well, the reason I'm reading this web site is because I'm sitting in here watching some new software for the last couple nights to make sure it's working; I'm bored.

If I ever get bored enuff to read the ARRL's web site, you have my permission to shoot me and put me out of my misery.

73, Jim KH2D

12. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

IF THE FCC DROPS THE CODE THEY SHOULD MAKE THE
    WRITTEN EXAMS HARDER......

You should go tell them that - post a response to the NPRM. No sense in telling us, we can't change the rules...

73, Jim KH2D

13. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

YES MAKE EVERYTHING HARDER TO RUN MORE PEOPLE OFF [​IMG] [​IMG] What's wrong with you people better stick togeather or we will lose the service.

14. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

oooooop's i have fat fingers. [​IMG]

15. K4JF

Every time they make it easier the number of hams drops. Making it harder would, logically, increase the number of hams. Maybe people would actually like the extra challenge. just maybe.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.