ad: M2Ant-1

FCC Proposes Authorizing Voluntary All-Digital AM Broadcasting!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by NA5B, Nov 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N0OCR

N0OCR Ham Member QRZ Page

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

There is nothing wrong with AM analog, except too much sports and not enough talk radio. Hi hi. Oh, yeah, I don't get broadcasting music on AM, when I can switch to FM and hear it with much better fidelity. I don't need high fidelity for talk radio. Oh, and another thing! The FCC needs to BAN SPORTS BROADCASTS FROM FM! Who needs hi-fi for sports?!

2. K6BRN

K6BRN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This (banning stuff) could really go sideways fast, though. It's always the "easy" solution... i.e. :

Maybe they should just ban broadcasting. And what about commercials? Those are REALLY ...

"HAVE YOU CHEKED OUT LIFECO? IF YOU ARE OVER 16 YEARS OF AGE, YOU NEED AN INSURANCE POLICY!"

... umm ... irritating.

How about cabbage? it really stinks when it's boiled. And hasn't some vegan proposed banning meat barbeques?

So perhaps - live and let live. There is still a lot of romm in the world for different approachs.

(Sigh!)

Brian - K6BRN

3. N0OCR

N0OCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Brian. I wasn't really serious about banning sports from FM, just venting my displeasure with it. I've become a bit of a curmudgeon over the years. Think, Jeff Dunham's Walter.

4. K6BRN

K6BRN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wayne (N0OCR):

No worries - I'm feeling a bit that way right now! (It's been a loooo.....ooong day)

Stay Heathy!

Brian - K6BRN