ad: chuckmartin

FCC MUM ON MORSE CODE ISSUE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Just an observation...

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Why doesn't Fred, our humble host here on QRZ.com, get flamed for starting a Code/no Code thread?</span>

[​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]

2. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, just me on this thread.  I'm in the minority, definetely.  I know this because I'm lumped into that majority quite often [​IMG]

I'm sure plenty of them are wondering why the heck I want code to be kept. I wouldn't be shocked if I get a few phone numbers to doctors in my messenger from them.

But hey, no biggie. I don't run out immedietely when the latest technology hits. I didn't carry a cell phone till I got remarried either. Some people can't live without them.

Someone's gotta be the odd NCT, might as well be me.

3. N3JBH

N3JBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Because he is Lord Fred and he can do what he wants.
    Ask him his possition on the code subject. it may well surprise you all. [​IMG]

4. M3KCK

M3KCK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not quite a Flame because he has The Extinguisher!!
    es 73
    Regards,
    Andrew  M3KCK

edit:
    And was it not Fred that Started that Nprm Thread that had Hundreds of pages and Thousands of Posts??

Sit back and watch the Hit counter!!

5. kd5rpo

kd5rpo Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with the FCC. The announcement shows that they are more interested in WT Docket 04-140 rather than the Morse issue. It seems to me they have the priorities in order.

6. M3KCK

Why Does it Really Matter?

Those of you that have Already taken the Morse code Test will still retain it.

Those who have taken there Licence Exam will Still retain it.

Those who do not take a Morse code test Will not.

Those who will use HF Will.

The FCC Decides for you and an Amateur taking Any test does so because it is in place at the TIME!!

And as far as I can tell there will be No automatic Upgrades so Techs will still have to take the Gen Exam!!

BUT, Those who Argue for will Continue to Do SO.

And those who Argue against will No longer have to.

The Division between Amateurs in The USA will Remain [​IMG]

And if it was me and this spilled over onto the Air then I would just Work the DX [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Andrew M3KCK

7. M3KCK

I have Never come across a DX station that did Not want to Communicate with me because I did Not take a Morse Code test!

I guess in The USA it is a much Bigger Country than ours and you might Work more of your own Countryman and could be Influenced by what they Think of You [​IMG]

Not a Problem here and Not a problem for any Amateurs if they get access to HF if the Law changes in the USA.
    Just work DX as the rest of the World could Not care less.
    es 73
    Regards,
    Andrew M3KCK.

BLAME AWAY!!.................

8. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

It doesn't matter......they can just sit on their thumbs until George W Bush gets a brain. (ad infinitum)

9. KG4ZQZ

KG4ZQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

- please keep Element 1 and ditch Winlink 2000 please...

10. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Hey Charlie:
    There have been MANY no codie techs that wanted to upgrade over the years but they got over it due to the Morse requirement.
    I think it's a lose lose situation.....except for those who personally hate the no code people.

11. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

I already know his position on the Morse requirement.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Why the 'No-Code' emphasis towards Technicians? There hasn't been a CW test for them for MANY years. I think it goes without saying. Kinda' like saying I'm a 'Coded Extra.'

13. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

You have no idea what you're talking about and you have a goofy username. Do you have webbed feet as well?

14. N0OV

N0OV Guest

They never will build cars without carborators.

Gas will never rise above 50 cents a gallon.

No one will ever pay $20 per month just to have cable television.

Western Union will never eliminate the telegram

I'm afraid when the FCC finally gets around to it, CW will be a mode people enjoy using vs having to learn just enough NOT to be able to use it effectively

ITS BUSH's FAULT. (Just kidding, couldn't resist.) [​IMG]

15. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned QRZ Page

OK, DUDES OF MY DUDES, I have this on good authority (Condi told me) The FCC will complete the extermination of code by years end.

So, you kill the hobby at any cost types, you can stop your party plans in there tracks. NCT's plan your NO Code parties and prepare to have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.