Electrocution Poll

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KL7AJ, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KL7AJ

    KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

    Tell us your experience!
     
  2. N2NH

    N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

    220 at 20amps but it was long before I was a ham.

    Don't try this at home.
     
  3. KC7UP

    KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

    Repairing appliances for 20yrs I have encountered a few shocks in my life.
    Curt
     
  4. KC0KBH

    KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

    I have got nailed countless times by outlets. My arm has been numb for hours afterword.

    But, I prefer to feel for plugs and jacks around the back of equipment. One day I was working on a defunct Ten Tec PS. I was replacing the fuse, and made the mistake of leaving it on. Well, while feeling around, my finger went in the hole for the fuse. You can guess what happened. [​IMG]
     
  5. KB3LIX

    KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

    Been "BRACKED" more times than I care to remember !
    Good reason to keep one hand in a pocket at ALL times when working on anything above 15-20 volts. Had to learn that the "HARD WAY"
    BUT, it was a sincere learning experience.

    Even got bracked by my -48 dc telco plant once. Never thought that -48 would feel like that.

    Woo Hoo Hooey ! ! !

    bill     KB3LIX
     
  6. KC0KBH

    KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

    My dad has been zapped by welders numerous times.
     
  7. AB8RU

    AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

    B & W TV Set the CRT has a charge on it even with the power off I still frogged around as a teen put my elbow to chasis and finger on the CRT, well you know what a capacitor does at discharge ?  got a poke ! .

    also got bit while working on a live 120 VAC outlet had to leave the power on while replacing the electrical outlet by the way kids don't do this stuff at home, I think mainly the guys at work wanted to see if I would get a poke or not, besides computers were on line.
     
  8. KL7AJ

    KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

    I need on o' them thar pocket difibrimacators.

    eric
     
  9. KD4CFL

    KD4CFL Ham Member QRZ Page

    277 volts is the worst. It just hurts, and it can make you sick.
    I have been knocked down twice while working on light switches.
    It blows up real good when you short it out.
    I have even seen a coworker jump off of a twelve foot ladder to get away from it.
     
  10. K7FE

    K7FE QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

    I grabbed the link coupling of a tank circuit in a transmitter with 2000 volts on it when I was 16 to adjust it for a frequency change. It knocked me out. I woke up on the floor where I had fallen, away from the transmitter. Had I fallen towards the transmitter, then my brother would be an only child.

    Be careful.

    73,
    Terry, K7FE
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

ad: UR5CDX-1