ad: elecraft

E-Mail Addresses on QRZ.COM

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Aug 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG7VC

KG7VC Ham Member QRZ Page

I for one, do NOT post my e-mail address in public places as already stated ... I do NOT want unsolicited spam, trash or crud from any one or any commercial sites. I get well more than enough with out advertising it anyway. my 2 cents. [​IMG]
    Jim KM5RY

2. NB2E

NB2E Ham Member QRZ Page

The new method that qrz.com has started to use for displaying a users e-mail address as an image in their profile as opposed to text has foiled most if not all spambots that crawl websites in search of e-mail addresses.

I have had my e-mail address posted in my qrz.com profile since I created my account here as KC2JKQ and to date I don't believe I've received any unsolicited e-mail that could have been attributed to qrz.com

Also if anyone has tried e-mailing the qrz.com editor and had their mail returned or not gotten a response it may be due to the spam filtering that qrz.com has enabled in order to cut down on their unsolicited e-mail. I would post a message in the qrz.com help forum or a private message to aa7bq and ask to be contacted.

Just my $0.02

73' de NB2E, Ric Letson

3. WB9YBM

WB9YBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if you have a hard time using e-mail, you can always use a microphone--I think they're attached to these funny contraptions called "radios". Hmmmm--I'm starting to see a pattern here--could this be a "radio" as in "ham radio"? Or are we reaching a bit too far on that?

4. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Here is my new email macro. Maybe not perfect, but can't hurt:

tlamb<at>mesa.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.