ad: Radclub22-1

E-Mail Addresses on QRZ.COM

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Aug 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Bill Parfitt writes "I have noticed that the majority of QRZ.COM users do not have their e-mail addresses posted on the QRZ.COM web site. This makes communications between hams far more difficult and services such as http://eqsl.cc (free electronic QSL service that DX stations love)cannot contact hams if their e-mail addresses are not listed.

Changing your information on QRZ.COM, including adding your e-mail address, can be done very simply. The editor sends you a password to edit your detailed information after you request editing capabilities.

Bill, K7CZ"

2. KF4GLG

KF4GLG Ham Member QRZ Page

I know you may find this hard to believe but there are still a lot of folks out there who DON'T USE E-MAIL! As strange as it may seem, a lot of hams still use their radio gear for communications. [​IMG] To a lot of folks a computer is more agravation than it's worth. That "twisted pair" that terminates in the shack with dial up or dsl service on it usually has a telephone attached to it somewhere. If it's really really really important, give the OM a call. Otherwise do it the old fashioned way.............send'em a card..snail mail. .....There.....I feel better now......73...mike

3. AA1MN

AA1MN Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with the above poster.

Also, please consider the fact that those of us who do have e-mail may not, for whatever reason, make it public.
    Much like phone solitations, e-mails from otherwise unwanted sources are often not welcome.

Chuck, AA1MN

4. KU2S

KU2S Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guest @ Aug. 29 2001,18:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bill Parfitt writes "I have noticed that the majority of QRZ.COM users do not have their e-mail addresses posted on the QRZ.COM web site. This makes communications between hams far more difficult and services such as http://eqsl.cc (free electronic QSL service that DX stations love)cannot contact hams if their e-mail addresses are not listed.

Changing your information on QRZ.COM, including adding your e-mail address, can be done very simply. The editor sends you a password to edit your detailed information after you request editing capabilities.

Bill, K7CZ"

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ... and here you are, as a non-registered, guest user with no e-mail info on file at all... Pot, allow me to introduce Kettle...

5. AA1MN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... and here you are, as  a non-registered, guest user with no e-mail info on file at all...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, thought the same thing myself but didn't have the spine to say it.

So how about it? Ya gonna actually become a reqistered user so it gives your statement a bit more credability?

Chuck, AA1MN

6. VE7NGR

VE7NGR Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (aa1mn @ June 02 2004,09:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... and here you are, as a non-registered, guest user with no e-mail info on file at all...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

So how about it? Ya gonna actually become a reqistered user so it gives your statement a bit more credability?

Chuck, AA1MN
    Umm..... how about aa7bq? You can see who posted it on the main QRZ.com page. There are a bunch of three year old articles, all posted by aa7bq, that all show up as being posted by an unregistered guest when you click on the message. Looks like a QRZ.com glitch.

7. AA1MN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm..... how about aa7bq? You can see who posted it on the main QRZ.com page. There are a bunch of three year old articles, all posted by aa7bq, that all show up as being posted by an unregistered guest when you click on the message. Looks like a QRZ.com glitch.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

VE7NGR,

If it is a glitch, as pointed out, then here is my apology in advance ... if not, then I stand by my post.

Fair enough?

Chuck, AA1MN

8. DUPE-N1UW

DUPE-N1UW Guest

Yes it may be true that he is not a registered user, but if you click on his name in the post you will have his email address.
    Just food for thought.
    73 Pete

9. KX4SAM

KX4SAM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hum, did I see a call sign, yes, he signed his post with K7CZ, a quick cut and paste, and yes, there is his email listed alone with a picture. Why he did not sign in to post? That’s another issue.

Just my thoughts…

10. AA1MN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Posted on Aug. 29 2001,15:23[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

We've been duped, I say, duped one and all.

For how and why would the above post, dated three years ago, so suddenly reappear all on its own?

Oh the humanity ...

Chuck, AA1MN

11. KU2S

KU2S Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (aa1mn @ June 02 2004,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... and here you are, as  a non-registered, guest user with no e-mail info on file at all...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Chuck, AA1MN
    Don't worry... I've got spine enough to spare!

12. AA1MN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't worry...  I've got spine enough to spare![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, okay then, if that's the way it's gonna be I quess that means we're both off the hook -- this time, at least.

If there's a lesson to be learned here it's that neither one of us should let this ever happen again ... at least not until the next time.

Chuck, AA1MN
    [​IMG]

13. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

If I can't contact someone by email, I don't bother. Why should I waste a stamp?

TOM K8ERV

14. KD5LWU

KD5LWU Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n1goj @ June 02 2004,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes it  may be true that he is not a registered user, but if you click on his name in the post you will have his email address.
    Just food for thought.
    73 Pete[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    http://www.geocities.com/k7cz/ here is his web site

15. N3XJT

N3XJT Ham Member QRZ Page

There are these things called SPAM-BOTS, and they search for e-mail addresses on the net, and then this is the reason you get all of the trash in your e-mail box.
    I have my call at arrl.net listed, but I turned that forwarder off, due to the MASSIVE amounts of spam, and viruses that I received through it. Since I turned it off...I get, only the ones from another website, that has my other email address. If I could I need to have it removed as well, to end all of this anarchy.
    Thanks for allowing me to waste a little bandwidth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.