ad: QSLWorks-1

Display RSS feed in my QRZ Page?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K1PGV, Mar 4, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K1PGV

K1PGV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I’d like to display a list of topics from my blog here on my QRZ page. I tried to write the JavaScript to accomplish this, but it seems that <script> tags aren’t allowed.

is there a supported way that I can dynamically retrieve and list the contents of my RSS feed?
    Thanks,

2. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Unfortunately, no. There isn't a way to do what you're asking.

73, Steve

3. K1PGV

Thanks for the reply. Sad... :( but much appreciated in any case.

4. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

We certainly understand that not being the answer you were looking for. The challenge we have to deal with is when there's embedded content like that which you're describing, it's hard to ensure that it's firstly, of the proper character to be shown on our site, and secondly, not a scam, malware or otherwise harmful to our users. QRZ is regularly the target of malicious users trying to scam our members to the degree that we even have to carefully monitor the Google ads we're provided. We haven't found a good way to allow what you're requesting that allows us to reasonably protect our users.

73, Steve

5. K1PGV

No, I totally get it.

It's QRZ, after all... not a generic web-hosting platform where anything goes and it's up to the site owner, and good luck to anyone who happens to go to the site.

K8VHL and KF8KI like this.