ad: M2Ant-1

Creating automatic post signatures

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by W3KW, Feb 5, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W3KW

W3KW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm pretty sure at one time i made an automatic signature that would populate at the end of a post on the forums when sending. Can someone tell me where to find that setting?

Thanks,

Wes
    W3KW

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Wes - QRZ removed the ability for regular members to create signature blocks in the run-up to the 2016 political season because they were being abused for the purpose of promoting political views, which is not allowed. It was too much to police one at a time. Of course, I wasn't a moderator then and only learned about this in 2018.

So yes you are remembering correctly but no, that function is now disabled for users due to the abuses.

Dave
    W7UUU

KL7KN likes this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't use any sort of "signature" at the end of my post(s) all you need to do is click on the "QRZ page" block beneath Jake (avatar) to read all the information you might require. Can't get more "signature" than that.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

What the OP is referring to is an automated message that appears at the bottom of every post. See below - I do in fact have a signature line that points to site rules and to Swapmeet rules. This is a customizable function that causes text to appear at the bottom of posts but is now shut off for normal users for the reasons mentioned above

Dave
    W7UUU

W3KW and K3XR like this.