ad: Alphaant-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Interested in hearing from subscribers when the February paper issue arrives. They keep making these skip issues, back on track promises and then never deliver. It's already late this month as it is.

2. K7VZ

K7VZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My digital copy arrived 2/5/2018 12:43pm MST.

3. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WU8Y likes this.
  4. WB8NUT

5. WB8NUT

Well it is the middle of the month. Did anyone receive their February paper copy of the magazine yet? After that"jump start" where they missed two issues, I thought for sure all subscribers would be getting their paper magazine on-time by now. Surely CQ Magazine management would not have lied to everyone again.

6. KC0G

KC0G Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw the February issue on the shelf at Radio City in Mounds View, MN, today, Feb 14th.

7. G1TWS

G1TWS Ham Member QRZ Page

My Radcom arrived today, I live near to the distribution centre.

This month nine Americans and one Canadian have been welcomed as new members of the RSGB.

8. WB8NUT

Bueller?.......Bueller?........Bueller?

Still no paper February CQ Magazines in mailboxes?

9. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

My January print issue came on 1/16, so I figured the February issue to be the same. By CQ standards, that's OK. Nothing today, the 17th, tomorrow is Sunday, and no mail on Monday for the Holiday.

So what we have is that they missed printing the November and December issues, and the 'Jump Start' was just a shiny object to divert our attention from their misgivings. If the February print issue arrives next week, the only improvement will be they are only one month late (by CQ standards) instead of two. (at the expense of two missed issues).

Bueller couldn't even be this screwed up. They apparently have no shame, only audacity.

10. G1TWS

G1TWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Radcom recount. 14 Americans have become members of the RSGB last month.

N9FM and WB8NUT like this.
  11. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

And your point is? I can't see spending $75 to see what is going on, on your side of the pond. We have a hard enough time keeping up with our own stuff. I'm not a CQ or ARRL fan boy, but I'll keep my subscriptions here. By your logic, we all should subscribe to the Australian magazine, yes?

12. WB8NUT

The point is that the RSGB can get a magazine all the way to the United States on time, but a U.S. based operation cannot seem to deliver a paper magazine on time, heck sometimes not at all. Radcom is just not about things in the UK, but about radio and those folks over there experiment with different things so you get to see a truly different perspective. They've been into long wave, digital narrow band video, microwaves and more a whole lot longer than folks over here in the U.S. So if you want a different viewpoint, join RSGB and get RadCom.

I am a fan of both the ARRL and the RSGB so I have no problem belonging to both organizations who have first class operations and deliver a magazine on-time, all the time.

The other U.S. based radio magazine, not so much.

BTW, do the Aussies have their own magazine? Maybe I should look into it. Never heard anything about it.

N9FM likes this.
  13. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, can't justify $75, too many whilsts for me.

WB8NUT likes this.
  14. WB8NUT

$75 is chump change for a magazine that actually gets delivered. Works out to be like $.20 a day. I think I can find two dimes a day, every day for the membership.

15. KG2C

KG2C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For some unknown reason I decided to subscribe to CQ this weekend, even though I've never read it. Since print issues seem to be having a problem, I went for the digital only option. Unfortunately, unlike QST, back issues do not seem to be available for reading online with the basic subscription.