ad: UR5CDX-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KD4KEN

KD4KEN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lets see how serious they are about improving their image. The Jan issue should be arriving in our mailbox within the next 5 or 6 days. Ken. KD4KEN

2. WB2QWH

WB2QWH Ham Member QRZ Page

I received my January edition on Tuesday, January 16th. As of now, I am not going to renew my subscription this summer. If they improve their delivery issues, I might change my mind. We will see how CQ does with that.

KG5QLS likes this.
  3. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Renewing is what is referred to as "throwing good money after bad." Six months of on-time delivery is not enough to prove they have turned things around. I'd wait three years at best if I were you. They've done this move before. It works for a little while, then it is back to poor or no delivery just like we observed with the November and December non-issues.

4. WB2QWH

WB2QWH Ham Member QRZ Page

In regards to the posting by WB8NUT, my thoughts exactly. That is why I am leaning on NOT renewing. This issue with CQ has indeed been going on for three years. With their "promise" to improve their delivery, after a while, it's like listening to the little boy who cried wolf.

WB8NUT likes this.
  5. WB6IZG

WB6IZG Ham Member QRZ Page

Well as of January 23rd I still have not got my issue of CQ Magazine. Guess it is coming Pony Express.

Bruce

6. WF2V

WF2V Ham Member QRZ Page

They screwed me a couple years ago on their magazine. I was a loyal customer for many many years. I did not take their 'reborn' subscription after that and I advise everyone not to fall for this scam.

WB8NUT likes this.
  7. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My January 2018 issue arrived today Jan. 24, 2018 looks like one of the better issues in a while too.

KG5THG likes this.
  8. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Zinio absolutely sucks!

KD0NPT likes this.
  9. KD0NPT

KD0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

Zinio and Nxtbook sucks indeed, I only get subscriptions that are .PDF or I don't bother. Plus I can archive them to CDs that way. PDF just does a better job rendering magazine material and portable to your handheld devices the best.

WD4IGX likes this.
  10. KD0NPT

KD0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

I let my ARRL membership lapse last year and joined RSGB. The RADCOM magazine so far has been received in timely fashion and well protected in it's white envelope. The magazine has been a good read, also been interesting to see the equipment you folks have available across the pond from your advertisers.

11. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got my January issue of CQ and I have to say It was a nice read. I hope they are able to continue. I will have to look into the RSGB. Sounds interesting.

12. WB8NUT

Radcom is great. Received the February issue yesterday. Great when you get a paper magazine delivered on-time, all the time.

13. WB8NUT

Well it is January 31st. I trust everyone is enjoying their February 2018 print issue of CQ Magazine. Now that they cancelled the November and December print issues to get back on track, I am sure you all have the February 2018 paper issue in your hands now.

14. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

What concerns me is if CQ goes belly up and now that ham radio magazine and 73 are gone, we would be stuck only with QST. That is a scary thought!

15. WB8NUT

Get used to the thought. I think it is inevitable. However, you can always join RSGB and get RadCom.

KD0NPT likes this.