ad: Radclub22-1

Confirming QSO's ??

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by WA7WS, Oct 17, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA7WS

WA7WS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to understand QRZ logging and waiting for help from Support..
    In the meantime.. If I look at my QRZ page, I have over 500 INCOMING CONFIRMATION REQUESTS.

I'm not sure how to handle them. I may have to wait until I learn how to upload my contacts from my logging computer first???

Is there a way to automatically confirm these 577 requests or do I have to do them one by one? That'll take a week.. grin.

Thanks for any help

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

If/when you upload your computer log all of the matches will confirm automatically and will disappear from the list of confirmation requests.
    There's always some stragglers where your info may not match his for some reason. In that case you can try to resolve the discrepancy via email or simply cancel the request.
    GL.

3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Made me go look. I have 42 requests incoming out of over 70k records. Chose one at random, looked at the info I have vs the info he had; looks the same to me but no match... I don't know how to make that work. I suppose if it was all that important, I'd run it down but I'd already worked this fellow four other times on the same band. I really don't think he needs another confirmation from me...

Statistically, it's not a biggie to me at least. The data here on QRZ indicates 70k or so recorded QSO's with an approximate 50% QSL / confirmation rate. That does not match my own log or my LOTW acount that says 68k with an approximate 48% QSL rate.

It's all a game anyway. I only upload to QRZ to help others but it seems that there are still a few that will not match for some reason. Withe the confirmation rates on all three data bases being very close, at around 50% confirmations, I'm not going to lose any sleep worrying about the extremely small amount of mismatches posted here.

Your data of course might be and probably is quite different. I really cannot explain the differences between what is logged here versus what my own totals show: there is quite a variance between what my log on the PC here and LOTW report show against the one shown here. My logs on the PC and LOTW track pretty well with the odd one out being here on QRZ. I know which ones I'm trusting...

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

You cannot see his info other than the Date.

5. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I know. But like I said, with the data I have it's no concern on my end whether anything here ever matches another hams data. I keep an accurate log; if the other fellows don't that's their problem. None of the 42 mismatches in my log has ever contacted me about it, so for me at least, its a non issue. Only 42 mismatches out of approximately 70k records would tend to back me up on this...