ad: Radclub22-1

Confirmation of QSO's

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KB8NEV, Apr 12, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB8NEV

KB8NEV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been using QRZ for my log with a connection to LOTW, the LOTW has confirmations that QRZ does not. My question is how do I get confirmed calls in LOTW to show confirmed in the QRZ log? Do I just export and ADI file from LOTW and then import into QRZ?
    I figure that would be the procedure but want to make sure it brings the confirmation over and I dont want to mess up the QRZ log in the process.
    Thanks in advance

2. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you have LoTW Integration enabled you can just Import your LoTW QSOs with a single button press. Just go to your QRZ logbook Settings, check to see if LoTW Integration is Enabled (follow the instruction links to set it up if it isn't enabled) and then use the Import button below to retrieve your LoTW QSO records into your QRZ logbook.

K0UO and KP4SX like this.
  3. KB8NEV

KB8NEV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you very much! Worked great, guess I wasn't paying attention to my options in qrz can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks again

W8TJM likes this.
  4. WD9AWR

WD9AWR Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a great question. I initially started my logbook on QRZ, then switched to LOTW. But when I logged on here a few days ago, I noticed a bunch of requests for confirmation. I setup an import integration with LOTW and it answered all those requests.

My question is this: Now that I have done this, there are presumably some confirmations here from people that only use QRZ that do NOT exist on LOTW. Do I now need to turn around and export back to LOTW to get those confirmations recorded?

5. KL5IA

KL5IA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW does not recognize QRZ confirmations, the only reason to export QRZ back LOTW would be if you had entries in QRZ that were not logged in LOTW

6. WD9AWR

WD9AWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, thanks for this! Unfortunate though, I have 60 more confirmations here than on LOTW.

K0UO likes this.
  7. KK4YUG

KK4YUG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a question about confirmations that are mailed to me. Is there a way to confirm a QSO on QRZ with a mailed card?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

No.

9. W7ZR

W7ZR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad someone else asked the question. I have same situation confirmations on QRZ that I want to get to LOTW. But now I see LOTW wants nothing to do with QRZ confirmations.
    So what did I pay the annual subscription for? I can't export QRZ confirmations. I use Logger32 for my logging program and is getting a bit overwhelming to keep everything in sync.

10. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

LoTW has stricter confirmation standards than QRZ. Just the way it is. They will accept cards upon physical in-person verifications.
    QRZ doesn't deal with paper cards because they don't have the organization for card checking.
    You CAN export QRZ contacts and if they confirm because the LoTW user also uses it also there is no problem.
    Rule of thumb...upload to both and take what you get. Don't expect them to match because they are different systems with different users.

11. W3AJL

W3AJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for this thread of useful information. I can query LOTW confirmations with QRZ filter while using the LOTW Received Date, unfortunately I cannot seem to find a method to query only QRZ confirmations so that I may update my local logging tools. Does anyone know a way to do so?
    Thanks, 73, & HNY!

12. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do. You can import all of your LoTW data to your QRZ Logbook and duplicates will be ignored. Exporting an ADIF from the QRZ Logbook to update other logging tools requires an XML or higher subscription.

NZ4X likes this.
  13. W3AJL

I'd like a list of the QRZ confirmations only, the gold star QSL without the LOTW confirmed green circle. There is no visible associated field in the query/filters of the QRZ logbook to do this (though I know it exists because when you float the mouse over the gold star there is a QRZ confirmed date/time, where the other LOTW confirmation status within the green circle states LOTW confirmed with the date/time and there is a database field for that date). As demonstrated I can query/filter LOTW confirmations only, I'd like to do the same with QRZ confirmations but there is no field available to get the result set I am seeking. My log application updates QSOs directly from LOTW QSLs and this local log has additional QSL fields that I can utilize for QRZ only QSLs. I was looking to retrieve the above mentioned list via query/filter - onscreen would be fine - no subscription at this time, and I'm not sure it could separate the QSLs the way I want either. The mind of a retired dB architect/programmer hihi... appreciate the time. 73

14. W3AJL

Ahhhh, I found a way to query this. Thought further with the tools available. Set the Rule Set to QSO status matches Confirmed, and then query and set the LOTW confirmed date to before the log was started. Got what I needed. Thanks!

KP4SX likes this.
  15. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, that'll do it. Elegant solution!

W3AJL likes this.