ad: ProAudio-1

Comments column, cannot add/change data in field.

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by N2MMS, Sep 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N2MMS

N2MMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I cannot go back to a previous logbook entry and make note in the COMMENTS column of the preferred name of my contact (which is different than the first name in his amateur license). I cannot edit that column. What am I missing.

If it matters I only operate on 2 meters FM and do not contest. I just want a record of the operator's name so I sound brilliant addressing them correctly when I have a subsequent QSO. I only use "My Logbook" page.

I performed a search here for Comments but had no success.

John n2mms.

2. KA8KCR

KA8KCR Ham Member QRZ Page

There used to be an edit key at the bottom of page, but I cannot find it any longer, I make a lot of mistakes, and used it a lot. I hope if you find an answer you will share it.

3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Morning fellows. I went to my logbook, selected the call at the top of the list by double clicking on it. That brought up a summary screen. At the top of that screen there was an edit button. Clicked that and entered some comments just to see what happened. That brought up another box. Entered a comment, saved the record and saw that the new comment was now on the record.

So that made me think that possibly it be a subscriber level permissions thing? Don't know really someone more expert than I will most likely be along shortly to answer your question

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Best to use the double-click method as described by WG7X. Lots of commentary about the Edit issue in the Logbook Users forum.

WG7X likes this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

You can change the name if you choose.