Be aware when purchasing Amphenol connectors and adapters

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KI4BST, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB2GOS

WB2GOS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Darrel,

Yes, please send them back to me at 4 Old Newtown Road, Danbury, CT 06810. If you email me at dweinstein@amphenolrf.com, I will send you our UPS account so you don't incur any costs.

David

2. N3MIK

N3MIK Ham Member QRZ Page

most likely what you bought was counterfeit amphenol connectors. or you may have gotten 2nds that did not pass amphenol
    quality control standards. and always , always buy from a reputable dealer!!! most reputable dealers at ham fests
    also have a website and a phone number you can contact and most do sell genuine quality merchandise.
    beware of the counterfeit parts that are out there.

3. KH2G

KH2G Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately it's about the money and I don't mean the component but you have to pay someone to process the order and set up your accounting system to handle the costing, shipping etc. In large companies it really does get unwieldy and expensive. Same reason that when in the military a wrong part delivered situation comes up, even big items normally are not returned but "deep sixed" Midway island circa 1960 - a magnatron was ordered and a prop shaft for a sub was flown out. It was painted white and used as a rail in front of the admin building. Strange but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.