ad: AbAuRe-1

Barry Shelley, N1VXY, to Become ARRL Interim CEO

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by PY2RAF, Jan 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It didn't matter what Howard's political thoughts were until he revealed them.
    It doesn't matter what a reporter or anchor's thoughts are until he reveals them.

K4DL likes this.
  2. K4DL

K4DL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He did stir up a lot of anger with his FB post when he became CEO. He later got rid of them and he nor ARRL ever addressed that issue. No CEO worth more than minimum wage would have ever allowed the members or employees to see such comments.

WJ4U, K0UO and K1OIK like this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Exhibiting common sense apparently wasn't a requirement for the CEO position at the time.

K8XG likes this.
  4. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KS5N

KS5N Ham Member QRZ Page

There's Stroud's.

W1YW likes this.
  6. WB3HAK

WB3HAK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That does it. No sooner we find someone with some good ideas to lead the way we just got screwed again . My arrl membership will
    stop at the end of this year.

1 person likes this.
  7. KS5N

KS5N Ham Member QRZ Page

My ARRL renewal letter came in today's mail. I'm not certain at this time how I'll handle that.

This whole thing reminds me of the school systems that for some reason keep hiring new superintendents every couple of years in hopes that the district will do better by whatever metric they're evaluated on. The usual cause turns out to be a dysfunctional board, and absent some firm communication from ARRL headquarters, I'm leaning toward that explanation in this case as well.

8. WB9YTG

WB9YTG Ham Member QRZ Page

If it weren’t for the magazine QST, I doubt I’d renew.

fortunately, for the ARRL, QST doesn’t have much competition.

KC0KEK likes this.
  9. WB9YTG

WB9YTG Ham Member QRZ Page

At one time there were several interesting and even entertaining ham radio magazines; remember “73 and “Ham Radio/Ham Radio Horizons” (and many others)?

IMHO, QST could stand to be better edited. The writing tends to be uneven. It’s almost as if the first draft of any article becomes the final copy.

To me QST and the ARRL are synonymous. Improve QST and I’d bet ARRL membership increases.

10. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know, print media is not quite circling the drain, but it's heading in that direction. If that's all ARRL has got, then they're in trouble.

Now me, I prefer a magazine I can hold in my hands, but I'm an old coot.

11. WN1MB

I resemble that remark.

12. K1OIK

I still have yet to get my January issue I called January 8, 26, 24, 16 and yesterday . They noted my 16th call and said it would come two-weeks from the 16th. On the 8th call, they said it would be a week. However I got two renewal requests.

13. K1OIK

Throw it out, if you wait long enough they will sweeten the pot with free books.

14. WN1MB

There's a thin line between a cagey or shrewd shopper and a skinflint. ;)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    K1OIK likes this.
  15. K1OIK

True I have screwed myself in the past. But when it comes to QST, the only place it will hurt is I use it to help fall asleep.