ad: Radclub22-1

Backpacking 2m 5 element Yagi.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK6USY, Dec 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK6USY

KK6USY Ham Member QRZ Page

That's awesome I wish I had got into Ham Radio sooner but I still plan on doing some hikes and using this antenna. Thank you for sharing!

2. KC3PPB

KC3PPB Ham Member QRZ Page

How come no measurements????

3. KK6USY

KK6USY Ham Member QRZ Page

Look in the description below the Video.

4. AI6IN

AI6IN QRZ Lifetime Member #88 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Around the same time, year-wise, I did the same thing (minus the hiking) with a wooden dowel. Worked really well, and made me a permanent fan of aluminum clothes line. Thanks for the memory! 73!

5. N6EY

N6EY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very cool design, Chuck. Thanks for sharing!

N6EY

6. KE8OKM

KE8OKM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool design. I am using a Arrow 3 element Yagi with all the parts inside a 1” pvc-hiking stick/antenna mount when on summit. The Yagi is the way to go for VHF SOTA.

KK6USY likes this.
  7. K2RRT

K2RRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you actually go to youtube and pull this up he has the specs and links. It just doesn't translate to qrz. 73, K2RRT

8. 2E0JFH

2E0JFH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N6SPP likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

10. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ditto! That's a great design by M0UKD. Especially the detachable feedpoint box. 73, Eric

11. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Several of the VA Appalachia SOTA activators use the same one to great effect. I'm waffling between the 3 element, 2 element (easier for handholding), or just splashing out on the Satellite version to give me 70cm AND Sat capabilities.

Chris

12. KE8OKM

KE8OKM Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t have the 2 el to compare my 3 with but holding In the hand for SOTA is tough. Here is my hiking pole/Antenna Mount with Yagi.

826D7EE2-F4D0-4FD1-9935-614540AE5D57.jpeg
    On Stony-Man Shenandoah NP last month.

13. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm. Never thought about using a PVC "T" as the mount before. I'm leaning toward the 3 element or Sat version more than the 2 element one now.

Chris