ad: CQMM-1

ARRL 'Radio Communications' billboard promotes Ham Radio on I-40

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

And you can learn the skill of CW, the beginning of social media. You like texting?, you will love CW.

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

REALLY??? there are many forms of "social media" that precede CW

NN4RH likes this.
  3. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Really? Do you have a problem with my statement. Are you trying to be rude by saying REALLY, come on lets try to be nice.

Name some that proceeded CW. I mean besides news papers, pony express, what were they I would like to know. If it was not for Amature radio , the beginning of electronic age, you may not have a cell phone to play with. It took the experimentation from individuals to bring us to where we are today.

I must be missing something here, I can not think of anything other than CW that was the beginning of social media? please enlighten me, you have my curiosity up, you must know something that I don't on the subject of social media.

But my point was CW is still useful and a well worth skill to learn, also fun, not to argue over what was first or last. One thing about CW transmission you need to put your own effort into it to learn it, no ARRL or FCC rule change can give you the ability to copy and send CW, you have too do it on your own. That is I guess is one reason I think it is so enjoyable, the feeling that I have accomplished something that a few years ago I thought I could never learn. 73,

4. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

No they don't...You will always have them CB left-overs that would complain... if someone found a cure for all types of cancer they would complain....They are NEVER satisfied.

5. K6PPT

K6PPT Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K6PPT

K6PPT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully this will help promote amateur radio among younger people to our ranks. With the Smart phone that they are already holding, EchoLink would be a good start I would guess.
    Paul Tretiakoff Tucson, AZ

KD9FEK likes this.